Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Hi guys, i am a 28 year old male. I have been having all over body twitches, weakness, muscle fatigue for over a month now, I have seen 2 neurologist's both said they were not concerned and they were happy with the physical exams they gave me, however one neuro requested a emg and my go recently got the results but my neuro has gone on holidays for over a month, I am really concerned. My emg report states the following:

Coaxial needle sampling: the following muscles were sampled using concentric electrodes on the left side,tibialis, anterior, medial gastroc, vastus medialis, first DI, exterior muscles of the forearm and biceps. There was no abnormal insertion activity, there was no spontaneous activity, the interference pattern was not completely normal. This was a patchy process, both distally and proximally and there was some large amplitude units seen.

Comment: this is mildly abnormal study, distal motor latency, amplitude and cap, motor conduction and sensory conduction are normal where tested. Muscle sampling was not completely normal. There were no signs of irritability, spontaneous activity but the ability to recruit motor units was reduced in a patchy fashion and there were definite large amplitude units seen suggestive of some mild chronic denervation.

Can someone please shed some light on this result? Ant info would be greatly appreciated. I can't get into a neuro anytime soon, really worried.

I would like to note I have buldging discs in my lumbar spine as well as spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease.. Not sure if that can be connected. Look forward to hearing from you.

Trent

See your other two threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back