Not open for further replies.

pawel

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PL
Dear all, my previous thread (please look at the link if you need some background) was closed, so I didn't have a chance to post my EMG results. I was really afraid and I couldn't stand this uncertainty regarding my symptoms. I also stress that I was diagnosed with latent tetany.

I have just received my results and I am worried about fasciculation findings in one of the nerves. I don't know what it means. Doctor who did the exam (not my neurologist) was very reluctant to explain it to me, he was in hurry, he said that everything was written down.

1) Does this fasciculation can be a starting point of something serious? Perhaps the EMG was done too early? (my symptoms started just one month ago)
2) What does it mean to have this +1?
3) Do you think that the number of examined muscles was sufficient? The needle was not put to my both calves where fasciculations are the strongest.
4) Are thery any other tests I should consider to confirm that everything is fine?

I am worried about this single fasciculation, especially that I feel that my left hand has some internal vibration (sometimes they are subtle, sometimes they are stronger). Sometimes I have visible fasciculation in left thenar.

I will be grateful some help. Thank you.

Your emg pictures were deleted because your name was visible. Please remove / block identifying information if you wish to repost. However an isolated fasciculation is meaningless. You twitched. You knew you twitch. No it does not mean anything else.
no the emg wasn’t too early
yes the emg was sufficient
no you don’t need more tests

I am sorry. I didn't know I had to remove my personal data. I upload again.

Do you mean, Nikki, that I can leave this forum now and below results are really something I can trust in and stop worrying about ALS?

EMG.jpg
EMG2.jpg

Yes, that is exactly what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back