01/2021
Country
US
State
MN
City
Minneapolis
Hello

I recently had an EMG done and I got the results back. I am hoping for your opinion as I don't know how to interpret them. I am a 40 yr old male, and a runner. I've noticed over the last few months that I just can't run as far or as fast, and i just attributed it to age. Recently, i started getting large spasms in my bicip/triceps and now i have fasciculations in both of my legs and occasionally all over. I feel fatigued, and my legs feel heavy. Also, about 2-3 months ago, I started getting tingling in both of my pinky/ring fingers at night. Ortho assumed it was cubital tunnel syndrome, and ordered an EMG. I got the results back, and now he wants me to see a neurologist. The appointment is not for another 3 weeks, but was wondering if anyone that knows more about this could offer an opinion in the meantime. I have the results posted below. I see "no motor nerve involvement" which I think points away from ALS, but then they point to both motor and sensory neuropathy. Anyone that would have opinions on this, I would greatly appreciate as I am pretty nervous. Appreciate all of your thoughts. Thanks

Attachments

• EMG.jpg
    EMG.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 322
Can you post the second page (the table showing each nerve tested)?

Yes, they are saying it's not a motor neuron disease. Ulnar neuropathy that affects sensation is very common, the motor neuropathy less common, (again, NOT the same as motor neuron disease) so that's why they suggest the possibility of a compression injury or a demyelinating condition such as MS (which is very unlikely if all the other nerves tested were fine). The table will make the overall picture clearer.

thanks for your response. Really appreciate it. Here is the rest of the EMG test. Thanks for your opinions.

Attachments

• EMG 2.jpg
    EMG 2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 281
  • EMG 3.jpg
    EMG 3.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 241
  • EMG 4.jpg
    EMG 4.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 287
Not ALS. All points to something much more treatable. Watch for how you rest your wrists keyboarding while you are waiting for the appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back