Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
FL
City
Trinity
Two years I started experiencing random muscle twitches. I visited a Neurologist and after his examination he recommended an EMG to rule out anything serious (like ALS). They did a Nerve Conduction Study and EMG and everything was completely normal.

Fast forward to this year and the twitching has spread (and gotten worse). I moved a year ago, so I sought out another Neurologist in my area and showed him my previous results. He recommended repeat testing since it’s been two years and if there was anything serious happening, it would definitely show up.

I did the Nerve Conduction (where they zapped me) and the EMG (where they put little needles in me). After the test the doctor said everything looked normal and they must be benign fasciculations. Today (a month later) I received my results and on the report it lists “an abnormal study” in the notes then goes into some descriptions that I really don’t understand.

I’ve upload both pages of the report. I circled the only things I could find in the test results that could be abnormal.

Does this mean I have ALS? Really confused since he said everything looked normal. It’s Saturday, so I have to wait until Monday to call my doctor to see what’s going on. Can anyone take a look at this and let me know what they’re able to get from it?

Attachments

• DB65AF0B-7590-461B-9DC8-EB46F91D2801.jpg
    DB65AF0B-7590-461B-9DC8-EB46F91D2801.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 2,434
  • E646D721-555F-4741-B4C7-AD03B56637DD.jpg
    E646D721-555F-4741-B4C7-AD03B56637DD.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,159
Your emg was not abnormal. Those results are the second page and what matters with ALS. No you don’t have it. The ncs ( shocks) had a couple of things which according to your summary might be a mild carpal tunnel. Maybe

And last I knew it is Wednesday not Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back