Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys:
For what it's worth I read an article that states that Neil Cashman has developed a positive test for ALS out in B.C.. I believe that he is still in the testing phase. WHile it's not a cure, at least it will provide a quick turn around to a decision and maybe start treatment sooner.

T.

TBear,

I've read about this test and hope it will prove successful. Won't really help us any but might prevent future ALS patients from going down the multiple misdiagnosis road so many of us have travelled.

test

TBear,

Where can I get information on this. Wow, that would help alot of people to either find piece of mind or an earlier diagnosis. Did it sound as if it was anywhere close to being utilized. Where is this doctor from.

Terri

Dr. Cashman used to be the Director of the ALS Clinic at Sunnybrook in Toronto and was recruited by the University of British Columbia and is doing research there. I think it is still a few years away before the test is generally available. Could be wrong but I think that was what the article I read a month or so ago said.

Hello

Hi just trying to figure out how to use this site. Have I reached anyone?

Barbmox,
Yep, you sure did reach us! Glad you found this site! I hope you find it helpful! It's a great place to ask questions and to get lots of feedback!
Take care!

Marcia

...oh yes, you've definitely stepped in. Welcome!
T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back