Anxiety4sure

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello,

I had an emg done and was wondering if someone would kindly tell me if this looks normal. I read something online (I know…🙄) about the velocity m/s and just curious. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• F2A10BEC-8A95-4032-807D-DA198FCD47AC.jpeg
    F2A10BEC-8A95-4032-807D-DA198FCD47AC.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
  • DF5A1D60-B7D3-4F35-9659-5D5F6ED76195.jpeg
    DF5A1D60-B7D3-4F35-9659-5D5F6ED76195.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 160
Prev threads here:

I do have a question- why are you asking strangers on the internet instead of the person who actually conducted your exam or your doctor? Can you provide the brief summary that is usually provided along with the tables? That is where the numbers are interpreted, and would give you the correct answers.

I will also ask if you are working on getting anxiety support, as was recommended the last time your thread was closed.

The part you are asking about is the nerve conduction portion of the test and you need as Fiona said to look at and ask for the doctor’s interpretation. If there is a problem there it indicates something other than ALS anyway. The emg ( needle portion) is the part that matters in ALS and yours is 100 percent normal. You are clear of ALS

thank you. But does there seem to be something off with the nerve conduction part of the test, in your opinion?

the doctor did say no ALS in the summary. Just thought I would ask if you think I should look further into this.

Attachments

• E5CDC360-A03C-429C-9CF5-86A9D1DD7B77.jpeg
    E5CDC360-A03C-429C-9CF5-86A9D1DD7B77.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 153
And yes I’m addressing my anxiety but still a work in progress…

The nerve conduction part has nothing to do with ALS, so you will have to discuss with your doctors. I am closing this thread, as you have been cleared of ALS, and that is what this forum's focus is.

Please take care.

Both the NCS and EMG look completely normal, and are stated as such. Remember, there is more normal variability in nerve conduction than in the EMG.

Best,
Laurie

Just to clarify I never said your ncs was abnormal. I don’t happen to carry the tables in my head. I said look at the interpretation which you had not posted and ask your doctor The interpretation which youhad in your possession clearly states the ncs and the emg were normal. It is a sign of your admitted anxiety that you even started this thread and also that you read into my comment a meaning that was not there. Please concentrate on your mental health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back