01/2021
Country
US
State
MN
City
Minneapolis
Hi Everyone

Had a quick question on EMG results and fibrillations. I do not know much about them. The "shock part" of my EMG had fantastic results. My muscles responded well above what they look for in a healthy person. however, during the NCV, they picked up a lot of fasiculations, which was totally expected since i've been twitching. The part i was questioning was that he said there was a +1 fibrillation in my calf muscle. I tried researching, but not really find out much info. I was under the assumption fibrillations were bad. The doctor diagnosed BFS and said to come back in 6 months for a check up. Trying not to overthink this, but was concerned about this. He checked 5 or 6 muscles in my leg and the calf was the only one that picked up the fib. Anyone know more about this than me? He sort of pushed me out of the door, so I couldn't get any answers. Thank you

Thanks. I had a second EMG done yesterday, but this time it included my legs. Miraculously, the issue in my arm seemed to be totally cured. The fib was in my calf muscle.

One result of a single +1 definitely does not even remotely suggest ALS - go back and discuss with your doctor to fully understand and make strategies to move through this - you have a right to explanations from the doctor you pay, rather than asking strangers on the internet.
But this is not a result of any concern.

Fascics would be picked up in the EMG part, so not sure what you mean. +1 fib in one muscle would not ordinarily be of concern. Feel free to post the de-identified report.

Sorry, i just got the report today. Here is a copy. I asked for a copy of the report and a follow up call. I got a copy of the report and that was about it. All of this may as well be in Greek.

Attachments

• EMG 42121.pdf
    529.9 KB · Views: 165
Your ulnar neuropathy has improved since your last EMG. That is fantastic. A big congrats; you must be so happy. As you can see from the neurologist's diagnosis, you had ulnar neuropathy but it has lessened since January. Definitely no ALS.

Enjoy your long and happy life. Take good care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back