EMG question

Status
Not open for further replies.
ask the neuro to poke as many muscles as possible
Don't direct the neuro on what to do at all. They are highly trained and know what muscles to test and how many and why.
This is a real problem with health anxiety - you want to second guess and tell doctors what to do, what they missed, what they didn't do right or at the right time ... all with no medical training.
Wait now until you have results and post them, and use your time wisely until then as that is something you can control and direct.

Hello all.

EMG was today. They tested (In addition to the 3 ones I spoke of earlier) masseter (left), deltoid (right), tibialis anterior (both legs), EDB muscle (right) and the togue. (left)

The conclusion, as a rough translation from my language ,translates:

"Pointer diagnosis ALS. There are no registered fibrilations, sharp positive waves, fasciculations. The potentials are with amplitude and duration within the norm." Doctor also looked at my tongue both sticking out and within the mouth (staring at it intently for quite a while actually, looking for fasciculations?) and said he doesn't see an issue.

Does the muscles tested + results clear me of both limb and bulbar?

Yes. Congratulations

Thank you. The doctor didn't even charge me again for this EMG as it was treated as a continuation of the first one. As such, I have donated the money I had prepared for the exam to you guys. I understand it might not be much, but I hope it helps you.

All that's left now is to get in the right mindset and figure out what's causing my pain and other symptoms, I guess.

I wish you all the best.

Thank you. Best of luck and a long and happy life

Hey!

Nothing ALS related, but I thought I'd ask because you guys are familiar with the NCS part of the EMG. Does any of you know what "decreased amplitude F-wave" on one leg mean? I know it's unrelated to ALS, but I just saw it in my EMG report. Is it a radiculopathy sign?

Thanks in advance!

You realise you are asking people with a terminal illness, or caring for someone, to stop and answer your curiosity?
You don't have ALS but you do have a doctor who did the testing. Please go back and find out what your next step is and ask all your questions with your own doctor.

Just to be helpful.... Most neurological centers have web sites where you can ask questions of your concerns.

It's somewhat apparent you got your EMG report on line. Check out their web site.

But, from all I've read going onto 2 pages now.... you do not have ALS. No need to post here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back