lhagsjr

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
PA
City
Philadelphia
How the hell can i have twitching and severe atrophy and the EMG be 100% clean of fibs, PSW's, and fasics. He said I have ZERO signs on denveration. I overheard the neuro tells his students, if the fasics are charasteristic of MND they will 100% show up on an EMG. I have had 3 clean EMGS over a year's time. What the hell do I have?

hi lou,

I thought you said myopathy showed in your emg. Didn't you have myopathy motor units and myotonic show up. Have you followed up with the nuero from jeff.

I just came back from McCloskey another emg, It showed A whole motor unit of fasc's in my atrophied foot and he is still telling me that normal people have denervation in their feet and that means nothing.
He wants me to get another opinion from one of the nueromuscular doctors at penn.
Who is the doctor at jeff that you are seeing. Maybe I should get another opinion from him.

thanks

You have myopathy. I thought you were already told this! An EMG that shows myopathy is not a clean EMG. Now you need to start treatment in order to stop the atrophy or you will get permanent damage. I have fascic's with my myopathy too.

leslie,

Just curious did the fascic's show on your emg.
My post is above yours,
let me no.

No they didn't. That was the first question out of my mouth on my last emg which was the first positive emg I have had. And wow do I have fascic's. It is not common with myopathy, but I have read a couple of cases with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back