Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Ny
Hi, I am a 39 year old male, who has been experiencing muscle twitches since mid-March. The twitches have been predominately in my left arm, but I have also had them in my stomach, both calves and elsewhere around my body. My neurologist has given me a physical exam on two occasions, bloodwork has come back normal as well. My left bicep appears smaller, but not experiencing any muscle weakness. I also received an EMG/NCS on the right side of my body, which came back clean. Would a clean EMG/NCS on the right side of my body, even though most of my symptoms are on the left side of my body, eliminate ALS?? Sorry to bother everyone with my issues, but have been having very bad health anxiety the last few weeks. Any support or guidance would be appreciated. Thank you.
Andrew

Yes, the hallmark of ALS is certain EMG abnormalities in muscles that aren't bothersome as yet. You have presented no reason to worry about ALS, a very good thing. Hydration, diet, stretching, stress relief, sleep, and daily exercise can have a great influence on the twitches.

Best,
Laurie

Try reading here very carefully as it will give you a lot of relief of worrying over these questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back