Status
Not open for further replies.
vmd,

If your working out at the gym, lifting 80 lbs with one arm, i would say, you definitely don't have ALS. Your EMG's are normal and all is normal.

I would do my best to get on with life, it may be hard, but usually, ALS gets worse, not better.

rgds,

jamie

Oh ,liz, and we never make mistakes? Don't sweat the small stuff.
AL.

That's okay Liz, no biggy! I wouldn't think of it as pointing out an error, more a reply that every question on this forum is a good one for a physician, so what would the forum be if we all could do that! I think all the replies came back to explain that detail great. So, that's okay, no need to apologize, we all have bad days! Leslie

Jamie:

Yes, I can lift quite a bit of weight, but it is the weakness and fatigue on the right side that concerns me. Since the right side is my dominant side, this would be unexpected. In addition, I have so many of the other symptoms of als that the worry persists. The biggest nuisance is that there do not seem to be any set rules with respect to the disease. For example, isn't true that a person can have a clean emg after symptoms develop (e.g., weakness), yet later be diagnosed with the disease? Yet, I have also seen information that states that once symptoms develop and you have a clean emg, then it cannot be als because the symptoms mean there has to be nerve damage that the emg would pick up. So which is true? Ultimately, I leave it in God's hands.

I will not be posting for a while because I am traveling to California to visit family for about a week and I will likely not have access to a computer. I will check back when I return. Take care and thank you all for your support.

annmarie:

Sorry to hear about the poor week you had. I pray that things will get better for you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back