emg monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant it compassionately and I'm sorry of anyone took offense. I am a strong believer in the power of god. And his abilities are endless. This isn't a site about religion so I'm not going to go into it and respect others views.

http://www.alsa.org/about-als/aam-2014/stories/2013-aam-stories-530924165.html

But of anyone was wondering what I mean the link above is inspiring. Good night everyone.

First of all, perhaps I shouldn't say anything. The comment was after all directed to Nikki, and not to me.

I, myself, read it, and my mouth hung open. Then I read it a couple of more times.

I don't mean to sound cruel, but based on Brittany's many consistent posts, and her consistent performance, since she started posting with the forum, I don't believe it's surprising that what she said here was interpreted with negativity by some of us.

I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt by allowing that perhaps she is immature, naive, self-centered, and hasn't yet learned a true respect, or a real sensitivity, for what other people, besides herself, are going through in THEIR lives.

I do feel cruel, now, having said that.

She DID cause me much emotional turmoil during a number of her postings throughout her history with us. I have never, to my knowledge or my best recall, posted negatively to anyone, under any circumstances...except for my FIRST post to her on her other thread. This is now my second negative post ever.

I do accept some of the blame. When I first started finding out how I could feel very upset with HER posts, I should have stayed away from THAT section completely, and never read ANYBODY'S posts there again.

I am sorry. I just couldn't keep this inside of me.

May God Bless Her, and help her to grow and develop.

Sincerely.

Dear Brittany,

I spent a very, very long time writing the item I just posted.

When I started writing it, you had not posted your kind apology.

Thank you for your apology, and please know that although my post appears much later than yours, your apology post was not there when I started writing my above post.

Thank you again for your apology.

Sincerely,
Laura.

I am going to close this thread after I have a last word ( because I can and also the comment was addressed to me)!

First, I hope no one leaves this thread with ill feelings. I think we should take comments in the spirit thry were intended as much as we can. I am happy Brittany is cleared and I know she wishes the best for all who are not

Secondly, i need to remark on the link. There ARE ALS reversals. They are very rare and Dr bedlack is studying them hoping to figure out why. The fortunate recipients of these reversals have attributed them to various things. No one knows. I think the reason the remark was offensive to some is that the sad truth is that for almost everyone with ALS today ( I except those who will have reversals and possibly those with early disease and slow progression who might benefit from future advances) is not going to be cured. There have been people of shining faith on this board who have died some of their friends and loved ones are still here. Theologians have long struggled with the bad things good people issue. And to add one small religious note ( sorry) is it not a Christian teaching "Thy Will be done"?
Anyone wishing further discussion on this could start a thread on the religion subforum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back