Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Michigan
City
Battle creek
Seen an als Dr said normal exam said no als But wants emg to rule out other things. He's doing it himself so he can tell me how it goes as he's doing it. So what can I expect? How should I prepare? Thanks on advanced

Sometimes Brittany, ignorance is bliss.

It's a bit like child birth, having a tooth extraction or a gut ache. Only you know how it feels for you.

My only advice is to wear pants that are easy to pull up to your knees or a skirt, and a sleeveless top.

Most importantly stay relaxed.

All the best, Janelle x

Thanks Janelle. The relaxed part is gonna get me. But I know after this I will have s one sort of answer into what the heck is going on! I'm relieved that an als certified dr looked at me and said "you don't have it" but I will be more relieved Monday when during it he can conclude his theory. He really wants to see if my fasiculations show up and if his hypothesis of what it is is confirmed. Thank you for your kind words

I'm glad too, no ALS.
Please do let us know the outcome.
Keep busy till Monday, not long now.
God bless, Janelle x

So, this is going to sound strange but I'm just trying to prepare myself. Its only been a month and a half since all over twitching and weakness feelings in my left arm and leg have occured. I had my first exam by a normal neurologist on September 21 2015 which my reflexes and strength was good then. Then yesterday of course symptoms still the same twitching way worse of course I had an exam done by the als Dr who said all looked normal as well but wanted to do the emg because he couldn't see the twitching while I was there and because he wanted to see if I have nerve damage from that marlgia parasthetica thing. So I know this is a long shot but, has anyone ever had a normal exam (say because it was early on) But then had an emg and it showed positive changes with those related to als? I just don't want to go in Monday confident I dont have als And then that emg prove Dr's wrong because my exam was do e very early. Thoughts?

Brittany, you've been cleared of ALS by your doctor, "100%."

A member of our ALS community has told you that your continued questions caused her emotional pain.

Please do not continue to chase ALS on our forum. Feel free to post your results Monday--only because one of our members has asked you to do so--but otherwise, give us a rest this weekend.

Please everyone there was a small moderation glitch. Posts that were about that and the ones that precipitated it were removed. Greg graciously agreed to have his post removed even though he was an innocent victim

Just got out. My als nuero did my emg. Told me every muscle he did result as it was happening. I have a normal emg and nvc. Prayers to you all!

Wonderful. Please enjoy a long and healthy life

Thank you Nikki. Sending healing prayers. Just have faith. He can heal als!

Thank you Nikki. Sending healing prayers. Just have faith. He can heal als!

THAT is truly the least compassionate thing I've ever seen written to the members here.

Please go and fly free into your life, you are cleared. Don't respond please.

I think Brittany was writing from a compassionate heart, thinking she was saying something supportive.

I agree Mike. The comment was addressed to me and I take it as kindly meant.

I must say I had to re-read Brittany's last post several times. Giving her the benefit of the doubt, her wording was poor. Hopefully she meant "have faith that He will be able to heal ALS".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back