00/0000
Country
US
State
IL
City
Chicago
Hello everyone,

I recently had an EMG/NCV study of both legs and parts of the spine. I feel stupid for posting here as i am sure the "abnormal study" reading on the bottom is something far less sinister than ALS. I just have no idea what the results mean as i don't know much about the subject.

I am a 33 year old male with the following symptoms for a few months.

1 - Continuous tightness in the back of my left leg. With pain some days, without on others.
2 - Twitching that started out in the left leg but has spread to other areas of the body.
3 - Bi-lateral hyperreflexia discovered by my neurologist during exam.
4 - Perceived weakness but not correlated in the neuro exam.

For further reference i have had "Normal" blood work as well as "Normal" MRI of the lumbar/cervical/thoracic spine.

Unfortunately my neurologist isn't able to read me my results as she is on leave for quite some time. However the doctor that preformed the test did send me the PDF of the results as well as the summary on the bottom. I know that everyone's time here is very valuable, if however anyone has a moment to look over the summary i would appreciate it. If not then God bless and i hope your days are going well.

Ive attached a copy of the summary here. If the actual charts are needed please let me know.

Thanks

Attachments

• EMG summary.JPG
    EMG summary.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 244
I'm not sure why you have come here to ask for interpretation of your tests.
That is a great result.
Neuropathies are very different to ALS.
The last line says that clinical correlation is needed, which we can't do. In other words, we cannot physically examine you.
If your doctor is away, make an appointment to go through these results with another doctor at their practice. To be honest, any doctor at that practice can give you a better follow up on the tests than strangers who are not doctors on the internet.
They can work with treating and solving the things you have going on.
Please always work through these issues with your doctor and all the very best.

Sorry to bother you, and thank you for taking the time to look at them. Please feel free to close this thread if its not appropriate and all the best to you as well.

You aren’t a bother but all we can say is it doesn’t look like ALS. As affected said your neurologist must have coverage either from her group or if a solo practice by arrangement with colleagues. I would start by calling. A covering doctor could read her notes and probably give you some idea though they may want to see you

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back