Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much, tr! Good point! The twitching in my hands has definitely reduced...
Ted, at the neuro's they mentioned weakness in the pinky (I think the muscle that moves the pinky out away from the body). At the GP, he couldn't reproduce the finding, and I can still move that muscle well a month after the neuro appointment - I imagine with ALS it would have progressed by now.
Thanks again for your time.

Tr is spot on! I've cramped and twitched since 2008 in my legs and have no atrophy or weakness and have never been told I have ALS and the diagnosis of PLS has been tenuous at best. Hence, I have many friends that have ALS which is why I remain on this forum.

I also remain on this forum to encourage people that come on this forum that are experiencing muscle twitching that they most likely do not have ALS either.

This is what I've learned from my neuros:

Clean EMG = No ALS
No clinical weakness = No ALS
No muscle atrophy = No ALS
Good reflexes = No ALS

Sensory issues like tingling and numbness, pins and needles sensation and others are attributed to sensory issues and not muscle issues. ALS is a disease of motor neurons, not sensory neurons therefore, sensory issues point away from ALS.

In fact, muscle twitching is not even listed in the criteria for a diagnosed of ALS.

Wait until you can no longer open a sugar package or lift one leg in front of the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back