Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
City
Akron
Hello all. For about 1.5 years I’ve been experiencing left leg weakness and twitching all over. I have indeed read the sticky and thankfully I have NO FAILURE. My main issue is a weaker left leg. Especially the haw string area. I had an EMG in late August and these were the findings. Unfortunately, my hamstring and left leg are worse. Any thoughts? My doctor said he does not believe there to be any motor neuron disease.

Attachments

• BBFC7D23-EC3B-4696-9152-3B8A95DCE819.jpeg
    BBFC7D23-EC3B-4696-9152-3B8A95DCE819.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 109
Agree the emg doesn’t point to ALS but if you have been limping and have clinical weakness in your leg and your current doctor can’t figure it out time for a new doctor. Leg weakness doesn’t have to be neurological so your answer may be orthopedic or rheumatological.

if you have seen all the specialties but at the community level go to a university level hospital. Also did you have physical therapy?

I am indeed at a university level hospital thankfully. My strength test was normal, so there is good news! Thankful that there is no failure as mentioned on this website. Rheumatology wise, I have tons of symptoms. Unfortunately this all started after my second Vacc, before that I had rheumatology issues just from post COVID alone. I had my spine scanned, they did not see any disc issues at all so that has me concerned. I failed to mention I do have tightness and discomfort in that leg from time to time especially when I have just pushed my boundaries. Last thing is the hamstring and calf will occasionally jiggle when moving. Almost like the muscles don’t tense. But again, NO FAILURE. I have full range of motion and have not failed any clinical strength test. Do you think I should push for another EMG? Does any of this sound like anything you’ve heard.

Sounds like could all be post covid. With no clinical weakness but limping would definitely work with a PT. I do not believe in pushing doctors for particular tests. Asking for a differential diagnosis and how to narrow down things yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back