PALS
Country
US
State
Or
City
Bend
Hi Friends,
Just to give you an update on Dick. I took him to the emergency room with severe stomach ache Sunday night. After lots of testing it turned out he has an infected gall bladder. If he were healthy they would have operated to remove it, but they were afraid to compromise his breathing and that he might not have been able to come off the vent used in surgery. So they put a tube in with a local injection to drain the bile out of the gall bladder. It was excruciating for him during the process and we hope this will work. He just didn't need this on top of his als issues. They are going to monitor him there for 3 days and just pray that it works. Might need to keep the tube in for a month. It is so strange to be so out of control of your own body. Just thought I would give you an update.
Thanks,
phyl

Hi Phyl-here's wishing dick a speedy recovery from what sounds like an excruciating procedure! regards, Cindy

Phyl...

Such a shame for anyone suffering from ALS to have any complications on top of it. Everything happens for a reason, I suppose. I hope your husband comes out of the hospital in good spirits and feeling comforted by your love and care.

Keep us posted.
Lots of love and luck!
Nicole

Wishing Dick a speedy recovery. Sorry he had to go thru that.

CJ

Hi Phyl -

I hope Dick's more comfortable ASAP. Shortly after my diagnosed I complained when I had a 24 hr. stomamch bug - thought I should be exempt from all other ailments since I got stuck with ALS. Having heard this I pledge to stop complaining (for at least one day and only about health stuff).

Don't forget to take care of yourself too.

Liz

We are home now. he has a tube that will drain the sludge and will wear it for 30 days. If the gall stones flare again he will have to have surgery. The pain and infection are gone for now and hopefully the stones will not cause problems. Thanks for everyone's concern. I told Dick.
Phyl

Update on Dick

Glad to hear Dick is home and the infection has been resolved. Let's hope the sludge keeps draining. Good job being there for him Phyl! Big hugs to all those who make our lives possible!

Frizzel

Glad to hear things are better Phyl.
AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back