Status
Not open for further replies.
Check with the Pharmacist about other meds. Sometimes they know more than the doctors do

Excellent advice, Sadiemae. Our pharmacist is a wonderful guy. He has helped us with lots of drug questions that the doctor couldn't answer. The doctor is still telling Tom to take the Lactulose along with Miralax. Tom's way too scared to ever take that Lactulose again but he did try a little Miralax today. I'm also giving him tons of water every day both orally and through his PEG. --Diane

Aot of folks put prune juice in thr tube too. Are you on. F book? They have a private caregivers group there. It is by invite only, so message me if interested

I wonder if any of the ER staff went home and did a little research on the ALS subject? This blows me away. All the info in a hospital they should have classes or info for them to read on such things or they should help themselves.. I know when my dad fell and had a hemorage in his brain, he was at ER 2 weeks before he passed, his girlfriend could not find his DNR papers "that night" and I had to stop them from pumping his chest to bring him back (he would have hated us if they did) A simple computer "LOOK" would have saved me that heart wrenching moment. I ran in crying asking them to stop, saying he has ALS. They asked who I was, when I said his daughter, They stopped right away...I read an article when a lady had tattooed to her back "turn Over" and on her front she had tattooed "D.N.R. Why cauldn't the hospital just put his name in the computer and see he was there 2 weeks ago and had DNR papers then?I hope he is feeling better...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back