Emergency call or alert options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Al

Than you for the info. We have a Tobii but have not used it much. Calibrating the device has been a challenge and my PALS gets frustrated and goes back to her IPhone.

I know we will need it when she loses the use of her hands so we have plans to work with the Tobii each day until she is comfortable with the device.

Ernie

I use a Guardian Alert Plus. Hooks onto my belt so it is with me anywhere I go. Just push and hold the button and it contacts 911.

Ernie,

there's a sub module called " Gaze Interaction Settings" that let's you calibrate the focal points one at a time. What I do is run the full calibration and then run the sub module for The points that didn't calibrate the first time. If you want I can do some screen captures and post them for you.

NotBrad;

There is a feature on our Tobii that allows calibration of individual points and I think you are right. Calibrating each point individually is something I want to try. Just haven't had or haven't taken the time.

Ernie

Just installed "911 Help SMS" free from the App Store. The support people returned my call for help and my wife now has the ability to text a 911 call with two clicks.

We tested the app with the 911 dispatcher and it worked great. Our address was displayed with a request for help.

There is an ability to fine tune the request for help (my husband may be having a heart attack or stroke) but I haven't discussed the details with the support people yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back