Not open for further replies.

beck

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PL
Hi! I'm sorry for opening another thread, I described my issues in my original thread in April this year. But I still don't know the reason of my problems and I have noticed new symptoms since then, which make me quite terrified. I will try to keep it as short as possible:
- twitching/pulsation in the right elbow
- started 4-5 months ago
- pretty much persistent (24/7), I can particularly feel it when my arm is relaxed, if I flex my arm it stops for a moment, so I can "kind of" stop it but it comes back after a minute or two
- same spot each time - I've also had twitching in my whole body for several months, but the elbow worries me the most as it's always the same spot
- I feel that my arms (especially right one) get tired easily (e.g. when washing hair, typing on a keyboard), but I can still do all the daily activities, I just feel that my arms need to rest for a moment
- can also feel some kind of "stiffness" in both arms - as if they were stressed all the time
- I've measured my arms and can't see any differences, I have only noticed maybe a small, shallow "dent" (but only when I flex my elbow) next to the spot that is twitching but maybe it's been always like that, I have also noticed my skin on the right arm seems a bit "thinner" than on the left one, but can't see any obvious signs of atrophy - still I know only a doctor can judge this
- low activity tolerance - even the simplest exercises (e.g. yoga) make my whole body start shaking
- I have had number of other symptoms before (stiffness in limbs, numbness, tingling) which I know point away from ALS, but I'm not sure if this is all related. I have been diagnosed with latent tetany, but my doctor said twitching in the same spot is not really specific to tetany. They only asked me whether I was losing weight or had any issues with swallowing. I have lost a bit of weight, but that was probably normal because of a diet. I have seen another doctor recently and they ran a clinical examination on me, but I'm concerned that maybe they didn't think about ALS, I thought they wanted to rule out MS.

(video removed by mod, not helpful)

So here's my most important question:
Do you think, if I had that constant elbow twitching for 4-5 months now, I would have noticed some obvious failure/atrophy by now? Or is it still too early to say? I know it's hard to answer this, but what is your feeling? I know ALS progresses quickly, so I'm wondering if several months is a "safe" amount of time and if anything bad was to happen it would have happened by now? Or maybe you don't see anything worrisome in what I describe? (I never had an EMG) I have also read something about slightly slower progress among younger patients (I'm 29).

Sorry for taking your time, I would really appreciate hearing your thoughts on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you have nothing that points to ALS. However, self-testing, measuring your muscles, and posting videos of yourself on forums for the terminally ill, points to an unhealthy fixation on a disease you do not evidence having. I suggest you speak to someone who can guide you to the other side of this focus.

Further, no one can say what your physical symptoms are; that is for a doctor to deduce. We do know that your issues are not indicative of ALS.

Take good care and I wish you the best in getting yourself help.

Please go back to your doctor for help.
We have answered so clearly already, and yet you are not convinced and are waiting to prove something bad is about to happen.
I'm so sorry you can't get past this, but we really can't help further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back