07/1998
Country
US
State
California
City
Benicia
Hello everyone,

We have an EasyPivot patient lift (never used), that we would like to donate to a PALS family who needs it. We live in Benicia, CA, so if you live in the SF Bay Area and can
come pick it up, please PM me.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike/Lift

Maybe you should contact your local MDA/ALS Center. I didn't know until yesterday that thay have loan closets for people in need of these sort of items, at no charge. They are in search for items for my brother Timothy in Alabama. At no charge to him.

Just a suggestion!

I just know the expense in Medical Equipment. It can be very hard on some families.

Lorie

Hi Lorie,

We tried that initially, but got no response.

Mike

Mike

Thats terrible, our MDA/ALS Rep. is on the ball. What about Goodwill Easter Seals? They helped Timothy with some items when we moved him home to Alabama.

Lorie

I wanted to make sure the lift went to someone with ALS. BTW, the lift was picked up this afternoon. :-D

Mike

That Is Great Mike!

Someones Life will be a little easier because of your generosity! We will do that to as time goes along. You can never go wrong in helping someone in need.

You are a great guy!

Lorie

Pivot or Hoyer

Hi,

We are in the process of getting a lift as I can no longer carry my husband, I have been doing it far beyond where I should've stopped and have huge back and neck problems, I am in constant pain, so I really need a solution

Now after seeing the video on the pivot lift from the link in Mikes post for donating his, I am confused, it seems that it is a much better option than a sling one, is it? Can people tell me what is better? I don't think They sell the pivot lifts in Mexico But I am known for moving heaven and earth if it is really worth it. We recently bought a van, wheelchair and magitek sensor system in the US and imported it to Mexico, which was very hard but doable.

I would very much appreciate your experience in this matter.

Citlalli

Hi Citlalli,

I did the same thing with my husband, and also have neck and back trouble. I am a registered nurse, and we tried the easy pivot and the hoyer lift, and we went with the lift. My husband has had ALS since 2001, and I lifted him until 2006. His als has been slow progressing. We obtained a battery operated hydrolic lift from the MDA's loan closet, and I wish I had done it sooner. The easy pivot was difficult to use, and eventually you will probably have to go with the lift anyway. My husband has a permobile stander wheelchair, so I am able to stand him in the chair, and slide the lift behind him when I am ready to use it, and then I just hook the nylon loops to the lift and let the lift do all the work. It is awkward if you are not familiar with using them, but you will get use to it. If you don't have a stander wheelchair, you could just leave the sling under him. Let me know if you have questions.

Hi VmJohnson, the post you replied to is a little out of date by now in that Andres passed away a couple of weeks ago. Your information, though, is right on point and I am sure will help many CALS. Welcome to the forum. It will be nice to have a nurse on board!

Citlalli, if you are reading this, you are in our hearts and minds tonight. Hope the retreat is going well for you! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back