Diagnosis
03/2016
Country
US
State
PA
City
Oreland
Bob had only been diagnosed about 1 month before Easter.

He woke up that morning and decided to go to a flea market, saying that he didn’t know how many more he would be able to do. I cancelled Easter plans with my family so I could go with him.

I’m so very thankful that I did. We had no way of knowing how aggressive his form of als would be, or that this would be the only one.

I have a wonderful day with him to remember before everything spiraled out of contro.

Seize every moment!

Hugs to all
Joan

Joan, thanks for sharing that story. Holidays for sure are landmarks in a calendar that make you suddenly realize what happened in only one or two years.

I don't even remember last Easter as my boyfriend wasn't diagnosed yet. But I will remember this one, laughing really hard. His sister's family came to visit and he offered his 13 year old nephew to play a Playstation game that's rated r. His nephew said he wasn't allowed to play something like that at home and my boyfriend said (the loudest he's sounded for a long time): "Here you are allowed!" I took the parents for a walk and the boys were happily left alone for a while in front of the TV.

I don't know what next year brings. The spiral is at a constant speed. Seize the day indeed!

Happy Easter and extra special greetings to all of you who lost a loved one!

Your comment brought back an interesting memory for me. Although this isn't an Easter memory, it is an interesting and wonderful one to say the least. Around Feb/March of 2015, I took the day off from teaching and spent it with my dad. We invited him over to help my eldest son put together a dresser he had just purchased. I can remember what a wonderful time we had that day and at the end, somehow I just knew that this would be the last time we would be able to do this. I knew something was going to change us forever, I just didn't know what....He had his first symptom show April 10, 2015.

My brother loved ham. I don't. The only time I ever cooked one was when I knew he would be here to eat it. I bought one anyway this Easter. Looked at it. Cried like a baby then cooked it and bagged it up to give ito elderly friends and family. Silly i know but ham makes me miss him. Cherish every day!

Thanks to everyone for adding your stories!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back