Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
EI
State
IR
City
Waterford
Hello everyone I hope you are all well. Im sorry to disturb you. My basic story is that I had twitching last year in my 2 legs but mainly my left leg and last Sept 28th I was sent for an EMG which came back all clear. I have got on with my life since but recently on my left thigh I have in my mind weakness, my PT says I have no clinical weakness after strength tests but he did say I have lost some muscle on the outside of my left thigh and I can find it hard to walk sometimes and it gets fatigued very easily and I have some twitching there as well. My GP wants to send me for an MRI and wont send me for another EMG until the MRI comes back, he is looking my lower back. My question is could the EMG last September be too early as it was done in my left V.Lateralis/L Tibialis & L Gastrocnemius. and I had no issues with my thigh at that time, could it be clean then and now showing symptoms, Thanks in advance

The EMG will show ALS issues in areas before you even know that muscle is affected.
So an EMG for twitching that comes back clear should put you at ease.
How about you see your doctor about your concerns as you need to be examined, especially as your PT finds no clinical weakness.

An MRI seems much more appropriate at this stage than another EMG. As you'll have read, the hallmark of ALS is certain abnormalities even in muscles that seem "fine" at the time of testing.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back