Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NH
Hello. Found this wonderful forum, and was looking for a little guidance on my symptoms. I have been having cramping pains throughout my body and twitches everywhere. I feel as though the left side of my body is harder to use, almost like it feels heavier. I am not noticing any muscle weakness, but am very scared at what may happen. Please advise, and thank you.

Thank you for your reply. I am just seeing many stories from people with ALS that say it started with pain. That makes me very nervous. Please advise, and thank you.

Sometimes muscle cramps can be an early symptom, but not pain per se. Usually what people notice is inability to do something they could do previously. That’s all explained in the “Read before posting” link above.

Can pain start within days? Is that how quick it progresses?

I mean I feel like I have pain that’s moving down my arm and now my thumb feels strange.

No. You are not describing ALS symptoms. As Karen stated early, pain is not a symptom of ALS. I don’t know where you’re reading that, but the ‘Read before posting’ link is clear. Follow up with your doc and log off this forum and address your anxiety in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back