Status
Not open for further replies.
They put him in a hospital for four days, too.

They didn't put me there, I just went, because I had several panic attacks and felt very bad.
Since I am from germany too, which hospital did your boyfriend go to? Wish him all the best from me.

Well, I guess I'll see on monday. Thanks to all.

Sorry forum, gonna switch to German for a spell or this will take me ages.

Wie du richtig bemerkst sind wir in Deutschland und es ist erstmal ziemlich egal in welchem großen Krankenhaus man landet, wenn's da eine Neurologie gibt werden die rausfinden wollen was du hast. Du wirst ernst genommen, aber nicht als ALS-Patient. Du kannst ja auch nicht erwarten, dass wenn du mit einem Stofftier zum Tierarzt gehst, der Tierarzt so tut als hättest du eine Katze und sie entsprechend behandelt. Der wird dir sagen: Sie haben keine Katze. Gehen Sie damit mal lieber woanders hin. Aber der wird nicht lange rummachen, weil es für ihn so offensichtlich ist.

Deine Panikattacken sind deine Krankheit. Das ist ernstzunehmen und dringend behandlungsbedürftig. Keiner sagt dir, dass du kein Problem hast. Du hast kein ALS, aber du musst mit deinen Ärzten zusammenarbeiten und auf sie hören. Ein Forum voller Todkranker und ihrer angeschlagenen Pfleger ist nicht der Ort an dem du diese Hilfe bekommst. Für viele hier klingt es schon zynisch was du an Symptomen hast. Nicht weil das "leichte" ALS-Symptome sind, sondern weil es KEINE ALS-Symptome sind.
Depressionen und Angststörugnen können einem das Leben mehr zur Hölle machen als ALS, bis zu dem Punkt an dem man lieber eine absolut grauenhafte unheilbare Krankheit haben will, als sich mit seinem eigenen Kopf auseinanderzusetzen. Das ist ja schon fast ein Todeswunsch!
Die Lebensqualität von Depressiven ist oft unter der komplett gelähmten ALS-Kranken! Weil ALS nicht den Geist befällt. (Wenn du mal Interesse hast, kannst du auf der Homepage der Zeit nach Prof. Birbaumer suchen, der macht tolle Forschung mit locked-in Patienten.) Jetzt kommt die sehr gute Nachricht: Was du hast ist behandelbar und in ein paar Jahren wirst du den Kopf darüber schütteln wieviel Leben du an Angst und Sorge verschwendet hast! Dafür würden die Leute, deren Zeit du hier in Anspruch nimmst, alles geben.

search engine translation:

As you realize, we are in Germany and it does not really matter what big hospital you end up in, if there's a neurology out there who wants to find out what you have. You are being taken seriously but not as an ALS patient. You can not expect that if you go with a stuffed animal to the vet, the vet pretends that you have a cat and treated her accordingly. He'll tell you: you do not have a cat. Go with it somewhere else. But he will not make it long, because it is so obvious to him.

Your panic attacks are your illness. This is serious and urgently in need of treatment. Nobody tells you that you have no problem. You do not have ALS, but you have to work with your doctors and listen to them. A forum full of dead people and their ailing carers is not the place to get this help. For many, it sounds cynical what you have symptoms. Not because they are "mild" ALS symptoms, but because they are NOT ALS symptoms.
Depression and anxiety can make life more hell out of you than ALS, to the point where you'd rather have an absolutely horrible incurable disease than deal with your own head. That's almost a death wish!
The quality of life of depressives is often among the completely paralyzed ALS sufferers! Because ALS does not affect the mind. (If you are interested, you can search Prof. Birbaumer's homepage for the time being, he does great research with locked-in patients.) Now comes the very good news: What you have is treatable and in a few years you will shake your head about how much life you have wasted on anxiety and worry! For that, the people whose time you use here would give it all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for answering in german.

Ich habe den Artikel gelesen und bin erstens von der Arbeit von Birbaumer begeistert und zweitens davon, dass ALS Erkrankte trotz ihrer Krankheit positiver sind als Depressive.
Aber bei mir wurde eine Depression schon von einer Psychaterin ausgeschlossen und meinte, dass ich ''lediglich'' Angststörungen habe. Das bezweifele ich auch nicht und deswegen sehr bald auch in Therapie, aber dass ich inzwischen Muskelschwund in der Wade habe, meine rechte Schulter durchgehend schmerzt, mein kompletter Körper schwach und bei Anstregung am Zittern ist, alles in meinem Körper knackt, weil die Muskulatur locker ist, ich mich wie ein Irrer durchgehend räuspere, Kaumuskeln steif sind, Durchblutungsstörungen in den Händen habe, schon immer Sprachprobleme in Form von Stottern/Verschlucken von Wörtern/leise Stimme habe, das macht mir alles Sorgen. Und manch Dinge davon können von der Angststörung kommen, keine Frage, aber ich bezweifele dass die hauptsächlichen Symptome nicht von einer Muskelerkrankung bzw von ALS kommen.

Tut mir nochmal Leid, aber ich kenne meinen Körper zu gut, naja ich werde es ja morgen nochmal sehen. Und außerdem meinte meine eigentliche Neurologin zu mir, dass ALS nicht ausgeschlossen sei, es sei zwar sehr unwahrscheinlich, aber auf Grund meiner Symptome schon eine Möglichkeit.

search engine translation

I read the article and firstly I am enthusiastic about the work of Birbaumer and secondly about the fact that AL sufferers, despite their illness, are more positive than depressives.
But for me, a depression has already been ruled out by a psychiatrist and meant that I have "only" anxiety disorders. I do not doubt that either and therefore very soon in therapy, but that meanwhile I have muscle atrophy in my calf, my right shoulder hurts throughout, my entire body is weak and when I'm trembling, everything in my body crackles, because the muscles loose is, I clear my throat like a madman, mastics are stiff, have circulatory disorders in my hands, have always had language problems in the form of stuttering / swallowing words / soft voice, that worries me all. And some things of it can come from the anxiety disorder, no question, but I doubt that the main symptoms are not from a muscle disease or ALS.

I'm sorry, but I know my body too well, well I'll see it again tomorrow. And besides, my real neurologist said to me that ALS is not excluded, it is very unlikely, but due to my symptoms already a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to a new neurologists today. We talked for a bit, he looked into my older files and said that all this is most likely psychosomatic. He didn't do any tests, neither clinical nor electronic, but he kinda assured me that prior EMG's would have detected a muscle disease, even if I had muscle problems in my face area and the EMG was done in my leg area. He also told me to not worry anymore, stay off Google and stop doctor hopping to find peace. He also recommended some psychic therapy, which I am happy to do.

All in all I still heavily doubt this, but I will try to find peace and I am going to stay off this site and others. If anything changes in the future positively or negatively I guess I will know then.

Anyways, thanks to all of you, I wish the best to you and hope that someday people will find cure for all this. Was a great experiece. Peace and thanks <3

Peace to you likewise, Cihan.

Best,
Laurie

Sounds like the doctor took you seriously, had good advice and could at least give you a little reassurance. I wish you all the best following through with therapy and hope that rather sooner than later your symptoms will vanish and you can let go of all the stress and anxiety. The mind is a powerful thing, it can make you sick and it can make you heal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back