Reason
PALS
Country
ID
State
Jakarta
City
Jakarta
I have made up my mind not to get the PEG or vent when the need arises. I am not so much afraid of death but the manner of death. Seldom do I read about how PALS die, especially those who elect not to Peg/vent. And, it seems to me that most PALS accept PEG. Are there any PALS at all who refuse PEG and can they die of malnutrition/dehydration? Is that a peaceful process?

Hi Troy, the international Hospice site has a page dedicated to the act of dying, including what to expect and how to prepare. I highly recommend htis site. There are articles for patients, caregivers, everyone! http://www.hospicenet.org/ Let us know how your thoughts progress as yu exploore your options! Cindy

Troy, don't be too hasty saying you will not get a PEG or trache. You are not there yet and a lot of things can happen between now and that time. I always said I would not too, but when my breathing went before I was in a wheelchair I changed my mind.

You really don't know until you are faced with the decision head on. Please keep an open mind. Research it and find out everything you can, but don't say NO quite yet!

troy,

you don't say how long you've had ALS and if you have read anything about it you will know that it affects different people different ways. Your progress could be slow and therefore you must hope that a treatment or cure will come about before it is necessary to make such decisions.

But, like joel said, you won't know til ya get there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back