Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha, this one sounds good.

1-1/2 ounces rum, such as Caña Brava
3/4 ounce fresh passion fruit pulp
1/2 ounce simple syrup
1/2 ounce freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice
1 egg white

In a shaker, add rum, passion fruit pulp, simple syrup, meyer lemon juice and egg white. Dry shake, hard, for 20 seconds to get a good froth. Add ice ⅔ up shaker. Shake an additional 20 second and double strain into a chilled cocktail coupe.

Also, if you drink a lot of these, you'll have enough egg yolks to make the German version of egg nog to put into the be haded chocolate eggs. (I don't even support the idea of egg liqueur, but I fits your serving idea and Easter to well, not to be mentioned. People here sometimes enjoy it out of chocolate coated waffle cups.)

Eierlikör – German Egg Liqueur (a.k.a. Advocaat)

8 egg yolks
1 8-gram packet vanilla sugar OR 2 teaspoons granulated sugar1
2 cups + 2 tablespoons (250 grams) powdered sugar
1 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon (375 milliliters) evaporated milk2
1 cup + 1 tablespoon (250 ml) dark rum with at least 37%

With an electric mixer, beat the egg yolks and vanilla sugar until foamy. I did mine for about 2 – 3 minutes.
Slowly add the powdered sugar.
Then add the evaporated milk and then the rum. Mix slowly until well combined.
Put it in a pot, but don't fill it all the way to the top. Leave at least 1" at the top of the pot. If you have to do it in two batches, then do it in two batches. If you fill it almost to the top of the pot, it will likely come out badly. Then put that pot in a larger pot, which has been filled slightly less than halfway with water. How far you’ll need to fill it depends on the size of the pots. Heat it over medium heat slowly until it reaches 160 °F (71 °C), stirring occasionally. Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the pot every now and then. It normally takes 15 – 20 minutes. Do not let the water or liqueur simmer. If you let it go above 185 °F (85 °C) it’ll become scrambled eggs. So be really careful and stop cooking at 160 °F (71 °C). Add your vanilla now if you didn't use vanilla sugar. The liqueur should be quite thick now. Remove the pot from the heat.
To ensure your bottles don't crack, run some hot water over the outside of your bottles and then dry them off.
Use a funnel to pour the liqueur into the bottles, filling all the way up to about 1" from the top.
Let the bottles cool completely and then store in the refrigerator for up to 3 months.

Awesome recipes!

I did a test yesterday - the one that was best so far went like this:

Sugar free jelly crystals
100ml boiling water
100ml vodka
100ml frangelico (a hazelnut liqueur)
50ml espresso mixer
2 large passionfruits (about 120 ml)

mix the boiling water to dissolve the jelly
mix in everything else and pop in the fridge.

use a hot knife to cut the top off an easter egg
take coconut cream that is firm from the fridge
line inside the egg with cream
fill with above jelly

I'm going to try some pina colada ones on the weekend :)

Sounds awesome!

I don't drink but I'm thinking I'll make some pudding shots for Easter. I'd put coffee liqueur in mine.

Tillie, make sure you fill the eggs before you start drinking. hahaha

Yep Kim Tia Maria is the coffee liqueur I'm going to try.

It's so hard to hold back filling the eggs first ........ :lol:

Hey, Tillie, how's it going with the easter preparations? Any eggs left?

Hey wish, I have come up with 2 great mixes.

1 vodka pina colada style in pineapple jelly
2 tia maria espresso style in port wine jelly

Eggs are cheap, alcohol not so much :lol:

Sounds intricate!

If you need a quality tester.......

Oh Angie I would love to test em out with you!

OK so it's going to be quite a day - all 3 of Chris's adult kids are coming. This will be the first time since he died, 4 Easters ago that I've had had all his kids here. I've had them here in different situations, but not just his kids (with one partner and grandchild). Actually since his memorial service.

So I think I'll double the shots!

Wow, sounds like party. Have fun!

Buckhorn, here's a nice Ceylon black tea with a gulp of Tillie's Bundaberg rum in it. (She's busy entertaining and won't notice I snuk it out, hehe.)

What do you call tea with alcohol? Here it's "Tee mit Schuss", translated "tea with shot", BAMM! Mostly rum I guess.

I’ve never been much of a drinker— alcohol, that is. However, I’ve discovered I really enjoy the taste of craft beer. Especially the light ones, but not IPA.

The problem is, I’m usually the driver, and I’m such a lightweight that I wouldn’t risk driving even after one beer.

There might be something about the day when I can no longer drive due to ALS that others can can take me to pubs and I can enjoy my beer guilt free.

Meanwhile, I’ll sip tea with you forum buddies anytime.

Tillie - hugs to you, thinking about what you must be feeling/experiencing at this difficult time. I am glad you have remained close to Chris' kids. Try to enjoy your Easter if you can - your egg filled shots sound delish, but I think I'll consume whatever alcohol I have the old fashioned way! As always, thank you so much for all you do for everyone here on the forum. Your support and encouragement are priceless!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back