Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
City
Tucson
I was using some random eye drops but they provided little relief. My eyes were getting difficult to open and I'd wake up with them glued shut!

I was certain m my eyelids were failing. But yesterday I started using Refresh preservatives free drops! I'm ecstatic that my eyes don't hurt anymore and they open wide. life changer for me! Small victories feel so good!

this

Kay, I’m so glad you found something that works.

Another suggestion, in addition to the drops— once or twice daily, heat a moistened washcloth in the microwave for about 30 seconds. When it cools down a tad, have someone put it over your eyes as a compress. If they can massage your eyelids lightly through the compress, all the better. This stimulates the glands in your eyelids to secrete an oil which is an essential component of tears. The warmth of the compress also helps dissolve any “concretions” (that’s an actual medical term) that are blocking the glands.

Happy to hear a success story

Great news, Kay.

these little things can be the best successes! (y)💃

I use the same drops! they are excellent, glad it's working for you!

As an alternative to Karen's suggestion, my VA opthalmologist recommended running hot water from the tap over a washcloth and pressing against the eyelids (one by one) several times. This seems to help me--I have dry eyes which leads to discomfort--sensitivity to air or light and sometimes an intense burning sensation. He mentioned the concretions, tho didn't use that term.

Ed

Karen, THANK YOU. I tried the moist hot towel last night before going to bed and my eyelids didn't stick!!! What a relief...
Betty

Gotta love those concretions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back