Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
12/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
I was using some random eye drops but they provided little relief. My eyes were getting difficult to open and I'd wake up with them glued shut!

I was certain m my eyelids were failing. But yesterday I started using Refresh preservatives free drops! I'm ecstatic that my eyes don't hurt anymore and they open wide. life changer for me! Small victories feel so good!

this

KarenNWendyn

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
OR
Kay, I’m so glad you found something that works.

Another suggestion, in addition to the drops— once or twice daily, heat a moistened washcloth in the microwave for about 30 seconds. When it cools down a tad, have someone put it over your eyes as a compress. If they can massage your eyelids lightly through the compress, all the better. This stimulates the glands in your eyelids to secrete an oil which is an essential component of tears. The warmth of the compress also helps dissolve any “concretions” (that’s an actual medical term) that are blocking the glands.

Nikki J

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
Happy to hear a success story

KimT

Forum Supporter
Extremely helpful member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
US
State
South
Great news, Kay.

affected

Guru status reached
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
OZ
State
home
these little things can be the best successes! (y)💃

Kristina1

Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
03/2017
Country
US
State
MA
I use the same drops! they are excellent, glad it's working for you!

[email protected]

Distinguished member
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
Iowa
As an alternative to Karen's suggestion, my VA opthalmologist recommended running hot water from the tap over a washcloth and pressing against the eyelids (one by one) several times. This seems to help me--I have dry eyes which leads to discomfort--sensitivity to air or light and sometimes an intense burning sensation. He mentioned the concretions, tho didn't use that term.

Ed

bhg

Forum Supporter
Reason
PALS
Diagnosis
09/2016
Country
US
State
California
Karen, THANK YOU. I tried the moist hot towel last night before going to bed and my eyelids didn't stick!!! What a relief...
Betty