Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
Belmont
Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this and answer my questions , I’m very grateful .
My question is about dropping things . I’ve noticed I seem to be dropping things more lately and made the mistake of asking Dr Google 😳 ALS came is as a cause and of course totally freaked me out , so much so that I’m now obsessing over every little drop /slight trouble picking things up ( e.g, a fork slipped out of my hand as I was unloading the dishwasher and it freaked me out ). The logical side of my brain is telling me I probably did these things before and just didn’t notice , but now I can’t stop thinking about it and worrying. I’m a teacher and have 3 teenage sons at home during this Shelter in place and I’m pretty sure it’s causing my anxiety to spike .
Does ALS start with occasionally dropping things or having slight trouble picking things up sometimes ?
Thank you for any replies and I’m sorry if this seems a stupid question 🙁

Um what did your actual doctor say?
Truly, you don't come and ask people with a terminal disease before you even see a doctor. Go see one and report back after.

I’m truly sorry if I’ve offended you , that was not my intention. It’s hard for me to go to the doctors right now as my husband is high risk ( covid ) due to a heart issue so I’m trying to stay home .
Thanks for taking the time to reply

You could do a video-visit with a doctor surely. At least see if you can get an initial phone visit with a doctor and get started on advice. Google is never a good place to start.

Everyone drops things as you know. Being stressed distracted and exhausted as I am sure you are will make it worse. If you are teaching online I expect you are working harder than ever.

a video visit or even phone chat with your doctor as Tillie says will probably make you feel better. If you can pick things up and hold things normally when you pay attention I wouldn’t worry

Can you make a tight fist, then spread your fingers out? Can you type? If you suddenly couldn't type the first thing I might investigate is carpel Tunnel syndrome. ALS shouldn't even be on your radar right now but I would have a conference call with your primary care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back