Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Otonabee
My husband has very little muscle control left in his neck. We went and got a orthotic neck brace for him but he finds it very uncomfortable and so restrictive that he cannot see his feet when he walks so therefore will not wear it. He also has a soft foam cervical collar that he wears but it does not give him enough neck support. I have talked to the OT but he does not have any ideas of a neck support that would be more support than the foam but still allow him to move his neck enough to see his feet when he walks.
Anyone have any neck support ideas that I could look into?
Thanks.
Cheryl

Not sure about the seeing feet issue but some like headmaster or shane's brace. My sister refused a neck brace and ended up with a ruptured disc and emergency surgery so this can be life threatening

I purchased the necksofa and as it was so comfortable another MND sufferer followed suit. It has a fairly firm inner support surrounded by memory foam and a removable, washable cover. It was expensive to ship to the UK but they do ship worldwide. Ray Slipatchuk/Florida helped me enormously and can be found on Skype for anyone not in America.
Mod note. Link to commercial site removed but you can find it by a simple search

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I did Cheryl. My Chris was the same - couldn't hold his head up but didn't like being restricted so refused to wear his.

Thanks for the responses. I will check those out and continue to encourage him to wear what he has.
Stubborn, stubborn man. (of whom I love so dearly! )

Cheryl, the truth is "stubbornness" is part of the genetic make up of men! But as you say, they are loved dearly. Mine had 5 different neck braces and would wear none of them!

>I purchased the necksofa and as it was so comfortable another MND sufferer followed suit

just ordered one ....

Go Max , your not one of the stubborne ones .
Love Gem

Shanes neck brace is pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back