drop foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cindy,

Thanks, I am taking things a little easier but its still difficult. When I pulled up my internet today (opens to MSN) there is an article about a mother that has (37 years old) ALS and how she is telling her two young children.

My IVIG nurse still swears I dont have it, and my doctors have not diagnosed me yet, but my left leg is still getting worse (my right leg is still ok along with the rest of my body). I find myself reading a lot on this website. There is a lot of good people here including you.

I just like to hear other peoples stories so I can relate.

Thanks again.

My prayers are with you.:mrgreen:

WalkAide

I have suffered from drop foot for many years now- I tried everything from bracing to physical therapy. It was controlled well with an AFO but it wasn't very eye pleasing and simply held my foot still rather than helping the muscle and nerves.
I found a great new treatment option for drop foot- It's called . It's a small box that is worn right below the knee. It has two electrodes which are placed on the skin then a cloth cuff covers the electrodes and the box attaches to the cuff. It is programed to send a small current to the peroneal nerve (which lifts the foot) during the swing phase of gait which eliminates the effect of drop foot.
I was fit with it on both legs one year ago and LOVE the results. It truely changed my life. It is great to see my foot lifting with my own muscles and nerves. Plus I love being able to walk barefoot or with sandals
I just finished school for orthotics and prosthetics, and started working at they are a national company and most offices are able to evaluate and fit the
If anyone wants more information check out [/U]. Or feel free to contact me for more info.
I wish everyone the best:) Tina

Last edited by a moderator:
Tina you are so out of touch with the reality of our situation. Please peddle your wares elsewhere!:evil:

I have had drop foot for almost a year now. ALS Clinic still will not see me so I am fighting it and walking anyway. Rolling walker helps when it drops to much. Can't move toes or ankle of left foot. But still walking and won't give up....

Obviously Tina missed school the day they talked about foot drop in ALS patients. Her post was heavily edited by me to remove all references to her company. This is the second yahoo in 24 hours that tried to sneak in under the radar. Thanks CJ for keeping a lookout when Cindy and I were offline.
AL.

Oh and by the way I'm really cheesed that you would try and sell such a cheesy device to Neuromuscular patients (guess you'll have to look that one up) that I have permanently banned you.
And before the controversy starts, no one crapped in my corn flakes today. I had a great day but my wife, bless her heart finally convinced me to take a proactive stance against yahoos and advertisers. And yes it feels good. I'm sure I'll sleep well tonight and hope everyone else does too.
AL.

Still putting out those fires! Thanks Al
Netty

The silver lining in all this is that cheesy Tina inadvertently bumped this thread to the top, and I read some stuff that answered a lingering question I had about drop foot!

Good catch CJ and AL

Tom

AL- you go ahead and delete any messages, links, and material you deem necessary. I support your efforts to keep this site free of bull shit and will defend you to all comers. Lee is right. We cannot please everybody all the time so from now on, no second-quessing AL!

Thank Al. and CindyM for keeping this real.

Sharonca

I am 21 I have had back proublems since i was 16 I fell dwn the stairs n had proublems since at 20 my back went out had bad leg pains n had foot drop for about 3 months b4 I knew what it was I had back surgery on october 27th hoping it gets better just ordered a brace it looks comfortable n alota better than any I have seen [and have been doing exercises. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry angelcakes but I'm suspicious of a brand new member posting links about online companies selling things even if they might be something we can use. Just seems strange that someone with back injuries would be posting on an ALS website. I removed the link to the site you posted. Any chance you make money off sales or hits to that site?

AL.

Last edited:
To Al and Cbowman

Man, when I saw the Cbowman I got cold chills. Then when I saw your age I just about fainted. Even for a hardened ALS vet like me that name still lingers !

Ditto that. I thought to myself, "isn't that the guy who..." ?

Obviously re-reading his posts he was such a nice guy. At the same time, this all makes me feel very fortunate that I'm a slow progressor.

-Tom

Sometimes people use the search feature and bring up old, old posts and don't know to look at the date. Someone brought up an old post a short while ago that was 3 years old and I think I'm the only one living from the thread. Now that's scary.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back