Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Kingston
First off, I wanna say thank y’all for being so patient and helpful with your answers to questions and concerns that probably seem asinine or unreasonable. ♥️

Okay, so I began experiencing a twitching in my left foot, that was sometimes isolated to the crown of my foot, but oftentimes moves my big toe a bit. It lasts maybe 5 minutes during an “attack” and then ceases for a while only to return later, Usually while sitting or lying down. So then about a week ago I noticed that other parts of my body would kinda spasm. My thigh in a spot, then my calf, maybe near my rib and kneecaps. They do not hurt and they usually don’t last long. They’re like, one and done for the day.
I haven’t experienced any muscle loss, I can stand on my toes and my heels. Pick things up. Talk. I don’t experience any fatigue, other than the kind from working with kids.
I read through the “read before posting” and it was very calming and insightful, and I’m so grateful that someone spent the time to write that all out. But it’s just this insane fear that I cannot shake that I’m going to wake up one morning and not be able to walk on that foot anymore. And then slowly it’ll progress to other areas of my body. I’ve read about BFS and it could absolutely be that. Or just anxiety about it. But I just cannot shake this fear lately.

Hi there-

Twitching brought you here and you've read the link, so you know that's not really indicative of anything unless accompanied by a variety of other telling symptoms. I'm hoping you are receiving assistance from your doctor, though it's not super clear you've been to one yet. Please work on getting help for your anxiety about a disease you show no signs of having. Coming here to scratch that reassurance itch may seem ok on the surface, but folk with ALS and their caregivers on this ALS support forum really can't be used that way- that's why we share that link and ask people to read it carefully and only post if there is something not covered by what is written there. If you are interested in learning more about BFS, there's an excellent reddit group with folk who know exactly what you're going through.

All the best

A fear that you can't shake needs to be looked in the eyes. What are you really afraid of? Often, not ALS per se. Discover the source of the fear, and you can take steps to address that source.

If you can't shake it off by confronting it yourself, time to seek counseling.

Best,
Laurie

Thank you both for responding. I’ve found the BFS Reddit and I appreciate the resource :) and yes Laurie, I am reaching out to a counselor to try and work through my anxieties and fears. Also, I’m sorry to seek out that reassurance scratch from y’all. I really do respect those that live with or care for someone with ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back