Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
US
State
Texas
City
San Antonio
Has anyone tried the diet that was created by Dr. Joanna Budwig of Germany in her cancer fighting research? It is somewhat complicated but the staples of the diet are the use of flaxseed and lowfat cottage cheese mixed. There seems to be documented improvement in cancer patients.

A freind in the medical community refered me to the research when she discovered that it was mentioned to help ALS patients. I have been searching the web, but can not find anything substaintial other than a list of diseases believed to benefit from the diet.

I was diagnosed back in November. I am taking Rilutek, Vitamin C, E, CoQ, Melatonin, Creatin, and participating in a research drug. I am willing to try anything if it might work. But time, energy, and resources are very precious to me right now. Any help would be apprectiated.

Thank You and God Bless.
Mark

This is part of the search I found on the diet. It states later in the article it "should" work on ALS patients. I guess nobody has tried it so I will give it a go. I think a little nutirtional cleansing can't hurt. Nothing like eating some food you don't want to make those around you feel better. Maybe I'll wash it down with a budlite.

Take care and God Bless!
Mark

"Dr Budwig discovered that when she combined Flaxseed oil, with its’ powerful healing nature of essential electron rich unsaturated fats, and cottage cheese, which is rich in sulfur protein, the chemical reaction produced makes the oil water soluble and easily absorbed into the cell membrane. I found testimonials of people from around the world that had been diagnosed with terminal cancer (all types of cancer), sent home to die and were now actually cured and living healthy, normal lives. Not only had Dr Budwig been using her protocol for treating cancer in Europe, but she also treated other chronic diseases such as Arthritis, Heart Infarction, Irregular Heart Beat, Psoriasis, Eczema (other skin diseases), Immune Deficiency Syndromes (Multiple Sclerosis and other Auto Immune Diseases), Diabetes, Lungs (respiratory conditions), Stomach Ulcers, Liver, Prostate, Strokes, Brain Tumors, Brain (strengthens activity), Arteriosclerosis and other chronic diseases. Dr Budwig’s protocol proved successful where orthodox traditional medicine was failing."

It does not sound particularly appetizing...I think I would go for the bud light and forget the rest! :-D

Well Mark, let us know if you try it and have any success. Hate to be a downer but if something that simple cured all those diseases I think We'd have all been taking it years ago.

AL.

Just as a sidenote Ellie I did have 3 Bud Light tonight at the baseball game and I think I feel better. Jays beat the Yankees. That helped too.

AL

Flaxseed Oil has Omega's and that won't hurt, but if you want to see what type of nutritional supps are being used by pALS, go to the Patients Like Me website. You will need to register, but it is great to see what may be working or not working for others.

I have the same feelings on the diet. If it was that simple we would all be doing it. But you know how it is family and freinds want to do everything they can. I hate to tell my wife I won't try something because then it looks like I do not want to fight this disease. There are better things to do than try to move a big moutain.

So I have tried it now for a couple of days. Its fruit, nuts and berries,mixed with all natural honey. It tastes bad. But after I chase it down with my budlite. And everyone is happy again.

Oh, well, that is the secret! Never thought of the budlite. Now you are on to something!

I'd try some Jack Daniels, JD would make anything taste good!

Well, having a sweet tooth, I'd mix flax seed in a rum cake and cover all my bases! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back