Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
IN
State
TN
City
chennai
Hi I am male 29 year old from india. Past 3 years I have been facing lot of neural issues like My left side leg was weaker and I get lot of muscle twitch and My thumb finger in right hand is stiff and very mild trouble in talking and swallowing (feel tongue is tight) and leg and hand muscle pain. I have taken EMG, Brain and Spinal MRI scan,And Reflex test they said all are normal. My doctor said 1 year before if you still feel bad we might take emg again 6 months after but I didn't go.

No problem is I met my brother (he is 22 year old) after 1 year and spend time with him. I saw when he is standing even small time his left leg was tumbling then I asked him to stand in tip toe he cannot stand in only left leg (he is left dominant) and I checked his planter reflex its was positive on only left leg (when I check reflex his leg his toe is going upward very fast). Then I asked him he said his left leg was weak and he also get muscle twich many time and his left big finger some time lock he cannot use and some time hist left foot shake automatically.
I am worried how come we both have similar problem (at least my reflex was normal) and is this early syndromes of familial als ?
(my father or grand father didnt have any problem except my father have very mild nerve issue on both legs)

Please give me some idea what should i do now

Hello- here are the past two threads to help folks see your full posted history:

It sounds like you need to visit with your doctor again, and ask your brother to visit with his doctor too. It would be VERY unlikely you have ALS, but there are many different things it could be. With your brother having issues too, it might help the doctor narrow down what might be the problem and provide a direction in which they can look. Again, ALS is not what you would be looking at, but something else.

Please reread the Important - READ BEFORE POSTING! Answers to common concerns about possible symptoms to see what things might be considered by your doctors when it is not ALS. It's time to go back to the doctor and ask them to have a look again. Please let us know what you find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back