Donuts On My Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
please please - let this post die ....

Damn ... brb - off to Timmies ... Canadian Maple tonight ...

nope! you guys got it all wrong. It's the hostess donuts that are powdered with raspberry filling.

I hope that I'm not throwing a wet blanket on this tasty thread and if so I apologize in advance. I have a question: can other bulbar onset PALS eat donuts? I've tried to eat cookies, cake, donuts, bread, buns, etc. but they all end up as a gooey lump in my mouth that I end up having to spit out. Others have said how they get their nutrional needs via peg and save the mouth for yummies like cake and chocolate but it doesn't work for me. Maybe my tongue is just too far gone or I haven't found the right yummies but at any rate my sweet tooth is feeling deprived. Does anyone else have this problem and/or ideas?

(And the cream filled donuts are good, I'll just eat the cream and leave the rest)

Barry

Barry....

Brownie batter before it gets put in the oven.....

any kind of baked goods batter actually. I'd think you could mix some up and keep it in the freezer, thaw into treat sized morsels, maybe spray PAM in a mini ice cube tray and freeze it up that way. You could probably even zap each serving a little in the microwave oven, just a couple of seconds, not long enough to cook and set up, just make it warm, you know, like those chocolate cakes that have the gooey centers......

Then, there's chocolate candy, it will melt in your mouth without having to maneuver it around....

Gelato .... tiramisu .....

These are just starters, give me some time, and there's no telling what I can come up with for things that are bad but soooooo good!

Last edited:
Thanks Rose, I haven't made brownies since I used to make the "special" :wink: ones back in the 70s so I'll try the frozen batter idea!

...You could still make them special. Its legal in Canada right? Just think how it would help with your appetite. :rolleyes:

No it is not legal in Canada, but who cares!

What are they going to do? Throw us in jail? At least that would take care of my financial problems, they would have to take care of me. Wouldn't that be a hoot!

Hey Joel ,

This sounds like the beginning of a plan !

How many batches of special brownies do we go through before the authorities come to take us away ?

Lets start cookin ! Ewwy Gooey good and Chewy ... and when we are done , guess what ... Its time for the munchies ;)

Glen

Lol..........

Don't let this die yet! I am putting in my grandmother's restaurant donut recipe she used way back before cars were invented. I grew up on these and grew fat on them probably too! Yummie.

You must sift 3 times to make the flour as fine as possible:
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Add:
2 slightly beaten eggs
2 Tablespoons melted shortening
1 cup sugar
1 cup soured milk (add 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice to regular milk)
Chill the dough thoroughly. Roll and cut. Deep fry until golden brown. (can be fried one at a time if you don't have a deep fryer) Fry the holes too!
Place donuts in a paper bag to shake on powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back