Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
FR
City
Mellé
So, i am a young man from France (23 years old). I noticed that i have some weakness, difficulty to drive, to write. I feel pain when i want to run. I have a strange feeling when i walk and i think that my hand look strange.

(*mod note- photographs of hand removed)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there-

Please make sure to read here: Read Before Posting

Photographs don't really help out here as we have nothing to compare them to and we are not medical professionals. Your best bet is to speak with a doctor to get an assessment first. They would be able to provide you the most information about what might be wrong based on their exam and observations.

All the best.

i have already seen a doctor but he is not serious and he thinks that i'm crazy because he told me that ALS was almost impossible at my age. I just want opinions about my hand. Does it look like an atrophy or not ?

Please read the link provided. It specifically requests no photos. We will not help you diagnose yourself via photographs on this forum.

Was it a generalist or a neurologist, tritri21?

There are other possible explanations. I hope you can meet with a neurologist soon to start exploring possible explanations and ways of feeling better.

Tritri,
"i have already seen a doctor but he is not serious and he thinks that i'm crazy because he told me that ALS was almost impossible at my age."

You're almost saying he's foolish/joking. Regardless to his title he is a highly trained highly educated to some
degree ( having a degree or degrees) He'd be one of a very very few to be not serious. And... it is also very
true about someone 23 years old having ALS. The odds against someone that age coming down with ALS
is nearly six digits to one against it. ALS is a rare disease itself. Take the advice you have been given above.

If you are certain your hand is bad enough to diagnose by photo, please get an appointment to see another doctor. You will then have a second medical opinion and this is what will be important. At this time the doctor will do a full clinical examination (and they can tell so much by watching you walk in, sit, talk and move generally as well), and you will either have tests to be run, or have to believe it is not ALS.
It could be so many other things, open yourself to that possibility.

The guy who thought you were crazy -- was he a neurologist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back