Don't Fall For the Snakeoil!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fire fighter

Hi. have not intentionally not replied to you ... I don't have much experience posting on forums like this and I was caught up in another thread re: stem cell research, just realized in last couple days that this thread has been running - even though I have a reply to Mike 27 posted here...

I do not have ALS. A firefighter friend has been off on longterm with it for a couple years. His seems to be what they are referring to as "pre" ALS becausing it has not been progressing in an expected fashion.

I've not been to any fundraisers for ALS, but thanks. Are you a firefighter too?

Dwight

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes it' impossible to think by ourself clearly. When people talked about Snake oil company that sales product on a pyramid like system....it dont scare me at all. I was a sales rep for a pharmatical cie in Canada for a year and a half and don't be fool, the only motivation they have is to make profit. The only motivation they have is to make profit. The world turn arround this. You need to think by yourself and you need to unlearn what was forced in your head as the truth. We are all brainwash by the big cie in a certain way. You can be assure if a cure is found for ALS but they are not able to put it in a pill and sell it for billions of dollars they won't invest a dime to promote it or worse they will finance study to discredit it. A corporation is not a human been and it has no heart. Money talk. That's it. Even if the president of this corporation want to change this, as soon as the profit goes down, he's out of there.

The true health cure was stated by Hyppocrate 2300 years ago. Let your food be your medicine and your medicine be your food. Also he said, what's good for your heart is probably good for your brain.

So, stop eating refine food witch is advertise to you 10 000 times per years by the food industry as good for you. (This is why it's almost impossible to think by ourself) And make your own research on what is real food. A good place to start is to imagine what were we eating for the last 100 000 years except for the last 100 years. And how were we exercising....moving.....walking....running....and then you'll know that what you don't use you will loose it (Muscle) Imagine what level of toxic we were able to eliminate and you'll know if we should do detoxification. BPC and mercury was not a common chemical in our body. So our gene or not made to support it.

I truly beleive that we are made to live up to 120 years depending on our gene and what we do with our body.

As I said, we need to think by ourself. It's not this easy. Beleive me !

Good Luck !

Re:

Someone just diagnosed with ALS,the doctors will tell him that he has an incurably disease. He will read everywhere about this horrible illness.
Than somebody will tell him about ‘Eric is winning’, Dr.Lee, Kurosava, the holy man from Brazil, Dr Hager.. and all the others.

What do you think, he don’t belive them? I tell you he will. Than the next year he will find out, that they only made a fortune out of him.

Hello everyone. Having just been diagnosed with ALS (or at least ALS is the one thing that the DRs have not been able to rule out) and the above quote describes me perfectly.

I have been reading about Eric Edney - "Eric is Winning" - it is the one thing that has given me a bit of hope - but fotiostzimas is suggesting that this is all a scam. Does someone have any additional information on Eric Edney - is Eric just looking to profit from PALS? How?

Thanks.

I'm afraid you are not alone. The issue is complex but I've found that one thing that is helpful in dealing with this is to try and maintain some balance between the hope for a cure and recognizing that you have to live with ALS daily. Just like the real world this site is used by people with various points of view on how to deal with ALS, whether its prudent to invest your time with the medical research community or whether treatment lies in alternative medicine. In addition, just like the real world, it's not unlikely that there are people that would like to prey on our fears. Unfortunately, this site doesn't contain a bull sh*t meter... so you'll have to trust yourself.
If you like, there is all sorts of support here from some of us who are dealing with varying stages of ALS, and those of us who have been through the process as caregivers. There will be no shortage of advice if you need it... despite some of the whackiness here!
I liked Gerry Gladstone's 4 part article in the Sun from a couple of years ago. He wrote about dealing with and accepting his fate with the illness... but his last line said much... "you never know".

Good Luck

T.

Hey TBear. I think the name was Gladman not Gladstone. It's 106 degrees here and I had a Twin Otter ride out to the West Rim of the Canyon and a chopper down to the water. Boat ride on the Colorado as well. Just a great day. They wouldn't let me fly right seat in the Twotter but the view was great from in back.

... you're right it was Gladman... but that'll teach me to type and drink at the same time.
My mom did that trip down the Colorado from Vegas as well... but of course she wouldn't know what kind of helicopter or aircrat she was in. Glad you're having fun... hold on to your wallet!
T.

Mike, how sad that you are misleading so many people. Mannatech is NOT a scam in any way shape or form. ALL of their products are guaranteed! If your health is not improved within 6 months, send your empty bottles back and you get every cent back! 6 Months. Who else gives such a money back guarantee? They have tons of science and have received many awards for good business and great products. Please take the time to do your homework and stop misleading unsuspecting people astray. I am NOT saying the products are a cure-all. There is NOTHING out there that is a cure-all. Give the body the nutrients it is lacking and the body will heal itself. And SOMETIMES if you add glyconutrients to your protocol, your meds COULD work better because of better communication between the cells. Of course doing all of this while staying in touch with your doctor. AGAIN Mannatech has the science. Just do the homework. Contact the company directly if you wish.

Golly! Really? Why hasn't my husband's neuro mentioned Mannatech? Will Mannatech products re-innervate the motor neurons?

Mike, how sad that you are misleading so many people.
No, what's sad is that you come to this forum with no clue about what we are all dealing with here.

This thread is 5 years old.

My wife ordered Mannatech products for a few years. Some months ago, we received a letter informing us of a class-action law suite against the company. It seems there was some false representation regarding their products. Hmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back