Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Can anyone use it? All I ask is shipping cost!

It is sitting in a closet and I would like to see it go to a forum member, if they can use it. Otherwise, I will donate it elsewhere.

CJ, if that is given up what now?

Text-to-Speech

This was done with Barry's excellent help. Or, is there anything else we can help with?

Joel, it's never been out of the box. He's been recently (long time ago, waiting...waiting...) "evaluated" by an SLP and had the op to try the latest Dynavox technology and hated it. He's waiting for EZ Keys, that uses a push button switch and laptop.

So, I feel guilty having this in our closet if someone could use it. If no one on the forum answers in due time, I will give it to a local charity.

Thanks for the link, I forwarded it to hubby!

CJ,

We have not met with a SLP yet (due to holdups in paperwork!), but my husband is rapidly losing his speech. We are heading to the MDA/ALS clinic next Wednesday, and I'm going to see if we can talk to them then. Can you hold off before donating it and let me see what they have to say?

Course I will! Please call me. I'll Pm you my #. I know we Pm'd our #'s bfr but I lost your number and it's been hectic with home nursing schedule around here and kids...yada, yada, yada............

Perfect! Thank you so much - and yes, I totally understand the nursing home schedule!

OK! I'm willing to GIVE this away to a pALS. I would like to know it is directly going to a pALS and not some loan closet, where it might be stashed away and forgotten or given to another organization.

Missy has advised me they are getting a great solution for her husband, so, I'm offering this equipment again for any pALS that could use it. Just asking shipping!

If this is still available - I'd love to get it for my mom. She has lost 100% of her speaking ability and has been using a dry erase board with the alphabet written on it to communicate. It is so frustrating for her and so time consuming. I live in Lilburn GA but spend most of my time with my mom in Columbia SC.

betsy219,

I'm afraid I've already shipped it to another forum member. Is your Mom registered with the ALSA in her area? They may have a device in their loan closet.

Good luck to you and your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back