Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Happy holidays everyone,

I was hoping to find some peace of mind before I see the neurologist in two weeks.

For a little over a month, I’ve started having fasciculations all over. 70/30 in favor of the right side of my body, but everywhere (hands, arms, stomach, face, thighs, calves).

I wouldn’t panic or post if it wasn’t accompanied by non-clinical weakness in my right (dominant) hand. At first I thought it was just the ring finger, but as of late everything feels just ever so slightly off. Pinching things at first is accompanied by some trembling, but if I pay attention it holds. No failure yet, but a subjective concern that the failure is just around the corner. The hand just feels slightly off. Again, i can still accomplish every task, and there hasn’t necessarily been clumsiness, just...definitely “weaker”.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this.

Please read this if you have not already done so:

Twitching all over is usually not a first sign of ALS. Most people who have ALS notice failure first and then twitching. In the rare instances where twitching comes first, it is usually localized.

Anyway, the neurologist should be able to determine if you have actual clinical weakness and will go from there. Most people with perceived weakness in the hands end up having tendon or joint problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back