Not open for further replies.

Nonduality

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hey I’m 28 male and have a neuro appointment tomorrow and am curious to your opinions.

I had Covid in Jan and started twitching 30 days later in feb.

My twitching was wide spread for 2 weeks, localized for a bit in my right knee and leg area, now it’s wide spread again but mostly legs.

Now the more concerning part is my walk feels different since march. My right foot kicks back further than my left and my right knee cap feels loose/detached. A month after my left leg started twitching more and my left knee has that same detached feeling. The bottom of my right foot also feels like it has less padding under it when I walk on my hard wood floor.

I also get joint pains when using that joint a lot. My knees, fingers, and toes mostly. I never had this before the twitching started. My left thumb also started tremor when using my phone.

To top it all off I have been getting jerks in my hands, finger, legs when at rest. It happens about 5x a day while I’m wide awake watching tv or on my pc.

Does this sound like ALS?

Hi
Have a really good read through here - don't just skim it, read carefully.

ALS is about failing to be able to do things, without feeling any different so no it doesn't sound like ALS even a tiny bit.
I would suggest you see a doctor who can examine you, as we really can't see what is going on, but we don't hear a single thing concerning for ALS.

Just saw a neuro he said everything was normal except that I have quite brisk reflexes. He wasn’t worried about it but it made me nervous. Have an emg scheduled for may 17th.

You guys don’t think the joint pains that started shortly after twitching could be due to muscles slowly weakening which puts more pressure in the joints?

I think you know inside that the doctor is qualified enough to examine you and know that there is nothing worrying going on.

Definitely the joint pain you are experiencing is nothing to do with ALS. Please pursue health, rather than feeding your fears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back