Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NC
City
Turkey
First, I want to say thank you in advance for taking time to read/ reply. Secondly, I am praying for all that suffer from or support ALS. I pray they find a cure for this disease soon.

Since December 2021 I have felt like my tongue is too big for my mouth. It just feels awkward and occasionally I find myself saying words wrong.
(Like a few times a day and it has been noticed by my husband)

He believes it is because I have been diagnosed with lyme disease recently and that can cause neurological issues as well.

In addition to my tongue feeling awkward, sometimes I feel like it is harder to talk and my right arm and hand feel weaker than before. I can still use them but it takes a lot more effort. And I have body/tongue twiches.

I will see a neurologist in May but I was wondering if anyone else has presented with these being your first signs.

I apologize if I am wasting your time, I am just really concerned and searching for answers.

It sounds like a good read here will help you work through the things you are experiencing:

Your doctors are truly the place to discuss your concerns and search for answers - using google to trawl around is only going to give you all kinds of fears of things that your doctors would never consider as they have years of training and experience to understand their examinations and tests.

I hope you get some answers soon, please try not to pursue this yourself.

I am just frightened. I know I shouldn't google my symptoms but now that I have it has concerned me greatly. Today at work I kept occasionally slurring words. Not in every conversation but a few times today. One of my coworkers even made fun of it. I will see the neurologist next month hopefully she can shed some light on what is going on. I was just curious if anyone else had started with symptoms like mine.

I'd start with simple things while you wait -- chapped lips, dry mouth, allergies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back