Does this sound like ALS?? Please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cd2244

Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
City
Long Island
I have read the post about posting is this ALS. But I still have some questions.

I started with twitching about a month ago in the inside of my knee. It would last for 3/4 secs and then go away and come back in same muscle. I could see the muscle spasm/twitch. It left that muscle but now I feel them all around my triceps and legs. They last for a second or two and leave. Does that sound like ALS?

also what’s scaring me is how sore and tight my left leg is. It feels almost dead. Almost numb. Really sore from average movement and feels like it’s been through a marathon. When I walk it’s sore and feels heavy. My foot almost feels like it’s asleep as well. All on left leg. Does this sound like an ALS symptom?
Thank you guys.

Hi,
I read it, didn’t see anything about this soreness feeling I’m feeling in my left leg and left triceps. I can’t tell if it’s weakness just soreness but I haven’t really done anything that physical or ever felt like that before. It seems the twitching of ALS would be more in one place? And not go away? But the feeling in my legs and triceps I can’t explain.

Soreness points away from ALS. Twitching is common, nonspecific, and meaningless in the absence of muscle function failure which you have not described.

Nothing in your post suggests ALS. Please read that link a couple times. The good news is that you don’t need to be here.

To be honest - if you had really read that post carefully it answered everything you are trying to ask.
Please leave it at that and see a doctor.

If your leg were weak, you'd know it.

Soreness on one side suggests rethinking your sleeping, lounging and/or sleeping positions.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back