Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Bridgeton
First of all I'm a 21 Yr old Hispanic Male from South Jersey... I have a huge list of health anxiety.. many cancers and neurological disease. Many of the fears go away in a week or two but ALS has bin in my mind for the past 4 months... When I realised I was having Neurological symptoms it all started with a sudden shock in my right arm when I cracked my neck. I started having numbing,burning,tingling in my back.. witch got better in a week.. I still had my tingling moved to another location.. my left leg, my left was deeply effected and still is. I was hardly able to use it.. I would limp, it would tire out so quickly. The pain on it would feel like a tearing muscle pain. Eventually that leg would have this sensory issue that felt like a partial numbing.. it would randomly occur for some very odd reason. It would happen for like 2 weeks. Along with noticable tingling. Both legs eventually would get that numb feeling.. one night my legs would feel extremely heavy for a unknown reason. I would even have internal Vibrations.. electrical shock sensations... My left leg would start to feel normal again but for like a week or two...
Eventually every Symptom kinda went away, but I'm pretty sure everyone is saying that these symptoms arent even close to ALS Symptoms... Well yes...
I'm in month three since all that happened. My fear of ALS went away ... But it was always still in my mind... But my left leg would also still give out. Along with that muscle tearing pain. Stiffness, that really never went away and I still have it. I developed twiches more often in my left leg but there everywhere in my body. As far as if I have clinical weakness or not my legs definitely are not the same anymore.. they fatiuge rather quickly, they feel very much heavier than usual.. I seem to lose my balance while tired. I have this weird floating like sensation in my body that feels like im on a wooden boat. they have this popcorn twiches that seem to happen mostly when laying down.. in my thighs but again all over my body. I don't seem to have weakness anywhere else. As far as what type of twitches the regular ones.. altough I recently development these rather slow worm like twiching only in my right triceps... That seem to happen only there in my right tricep... It just started happening like two days ago and hasn't comes on randomly. So yes again as of now the symptoms I have is faituge, leg heavyness/ weakness??? Floating like Sensation , muscle twiching all over my body mostly in legs.
What I don't have is clinical weakness, cramping, difficulty swallowing or speech problems. Atrophy?? Well I see some dents In my hands and legs that I'm not very sure I've ever noticed before but I'm not convinced at all.

So as far as what are my plans.. well I have discussed these things with my doctors... When my left leg felt partialy numb... And weak, and X-ray and blood test was ordered and urine test. I don't know what type of blood test I was test for but my doctor said that I would be reffered to a neurologist since my Bloodwork came back clean.. my urine test came back with dehydration, witch idk if dehydration would make my legs feel like rocks. My x-ray came back normal witch I was kinda surprised knowing I have a very bad head and overall posture that can me very bad back problems and lower back pain. And stiff neck for the past four years. I was expecting that a spinal abnormality would be giving me such Symptoms..
But yes I was reffered to a neurologist witch sucks I have to wait until March to see one.. the appointment I called for it in September.. so sucks I had to wait for six months to see one. But oh well maybe it might be deff yes or deff no.. I'm really am monitering myself. I can litterly have any other Neurological problem but the thing that keeps me from thinking ALS is definitely the muscle twitching all over my body along with my legs that really never fully recovered but I can still do pretty much anything only everything I do is limited with uncalled for faituge.

There is no reason to suspect ALS. I think you know that.

Please seek [better if needed] counseling for your health anxiety, before it ruins the rest of your life.

Best,
Laurie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back