Reason
Learn about ALS
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Hello,

27/Male

I hope you are all doing well. Thank you for being able to take the time to reply to my message.

Ive been twitching for about 2-3 months. However it has become more widespread over the last one month. I don't have as much strength as I used to but it cannot be deemed clinical weakness I suppose. Visited the neurologist two weeks ago. He did a physical exam, but didnt check the tongue. He said things looked fine, and would want me to follow up in a couple of weeks. However, I have now noticed some depressions on the left (right side in image) side of of my tongue. And I am worried about it.

Can someone tell me if this is what wasting looks like or not. I am sometimes slurring some words, but could this be due to worry or being hyper aware?

It may not be appropriate but ill leave a link to the images. [link removed] IF you do not wish to open them, its okay I understand. I will have to wait a few more weeks to show it to the neuro.

Last edited by a moderator:
I removed your photo because tongue pictures are distressing to many and yours is, as usual, unrevealing.

I don't see anything to worry about in your pic or story. ALS does not present as you describe. If the neurologist continues unable to find a problem, I would return to your primary care doc to make sure there is nothing systemic involved, like a virus or nutritional deficiency. As you are aware, these are troubling times and the mind is very powerful, so whatever you can do to reduce your stress can only benefit you physically and mentally. Nature walks are free.

Best,
Laurie

If you had read this as you are directed to do before posting you would not have tried to attach a tongue photo.
See a doctor please.

Thank you very much Laurie and Affected. Apologies for the photo. I will go back to the doc again shortly.

Best
S

*closed for multi id. Please get help for your health anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back