Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
City
San Francisco
I completed a 200 mile bike race just one month ago. For the past month I have been experiencing pins and needles numbness and minor weakness in my right foot and leg in the evening while sitting or standing. When I get up and moving it tends to go away. My chiropractor tells me that it it is a herniated disc in my back. I have two questions for you and appreciate all your help. Number one do ALS symptoms come and go. I feel 100% in the morning....no symptoms no signs.....no anything. As the day progresses again there are no symptoms. Toward the end of the day I do get pins and needles numbness in in my right leg. I have been told by my doctor that numbness pins and needles and pain are not a signs of ALS. These are all sensory items. ALS symptoms include lack of movement tripping falling and dragging of the leg. I have none of these symptoms currently. My second question is how long does it take for symptoms to progress. If I went to bed with a leg that had tingling pins and needles with pain and minor weakness, wouldn't I wake up to the exact same symptoms if I had ALS. My doctor states that ALS is a degenerative disease therefore I would wake up with these symptoms. Again my main question is I feel great in the morning and throughout the day but at the end of the day while sitting and/or lying I do get pins and needles numbness and minor weakness. Again my day starts off perfectly with no symptoms at all. At the end of the day there is some minor tightness tingling pain and numbness in my leg. These symptoms come and go. please help. I am so scared

Listen to your doctor. Your symptoms are not those of ALS. If you have a herniated disk, i doubt you should be biking 200 miles.
Don't let your nerves get the best of you. The ALS forum is not where you belong. Don''t spend too much time dwelling here.
Good luck to you. Pam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back