Diagnosis
08/2022
Country
UK
State
KE
City
Crockham Hill
This article is very worrying as my husband has just gone down with Covid and I currently have very slowly progressive ALS. About 2 years in and so far only right foot drop. Similar to the second patient described here. www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.../PMC8441768/

Does anyone have personal experience of accelerated progression after Covid? I will push very hard for antiviral treatment on day one if I catch my husband's Covid and I suggest that others do the same. Sotrovimab seems to be the first line treatment for 'at risk' patients - a monoclonal that blocks the 'spike' protein and prevents covid invading the lungs and other organs, and presumably the CNS.

I hope you don’t get it and of course if you do you should get whatever treatment your doctors recommend. Here in the US Sotrovimab is not currently authorized as it was felt not to be effective against omicron variants.

I know several PALS who had covid and did ok. They were up to date on vaccines Even before vaccines I was told overall the PALS at my clinic came through covid without too many issues. I had mild symptoms this winter that may have been omicron but getting a PCR test was difficult and no treatment was available for mild cases so I didn’t get one. I was weaker afterwards but it improved back to baseline in a couple of weeks. I hope things go well for you

Thanks Nikki. That's very reassuring. I think I might be going down with it, but my husband is getting better quickly so hope it's not a nasty one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back