Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
NH
City
New London
I was recently given a newer, bigger tobii I - 16,and like all new technology it takes some getting used to. The keyboard is in the way, for instance, I can't see what I'm typing now. The scroll function is all or nothing, not incremental. Has anyone figured out how customize it? I may go back to the I-12

Hi Nona,

Have you tried contacting Tobii Tech Support at 1-800-344-1778? I had to contact them quite a few times for customization help, or when I ran into glitches, or the like. All I ever had to do was provide the serial number on the back of the device and they were ready and willing to help with everything. I'm not sure if they recognized by my phone number that we owned the device, but they never asked about that.

I switched from a 12 to a 13 too, and found the change in scrolling to be one of the worst "features. " I have no idea why they went backwards in design like that. On many pages there are lines at the top or bottom that you simply can't get to. Ironically, the Tobii website is one of the worst!
Have you tried using the "Computer Control" controls instead of the Windows Access controls? I don't love the Computer Control set up, but it does have gradual scrolling.

yes, now that I've got a few weeks under my belt I'm having better luck with Computer Control. It has some advantage over Windows Control but I still prefer the old model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back