Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
kentucky
City
Louisville
My brother in law of 20 years was diagnosed approximately a year ago with ALS. I have heard that there is a clinic in the Dominican Republic that takes stem cells from your nostrils, allows them to grow in a petri dish and then replaces them into your body. Does anyone out there know anything about that? It really doesn't have to be the one in the Dominican Republic. He is still able to travel and willing to go just about anywhere to improve his chances of seeing his 4 chidlren grow up. Please respond ASAP if you know of any.

sad

The co. listed actually posted a disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Stem cell treatments offered by the Institute of Cellular Medicine (ICM) are not approved by the United States FDA or any other government agency. Stem cell treatments at ICM are in no way to be construed or presented as a cure for any condition, disease, or injury. Stem cell treatments at ICM are not a substitute for any current medical care.

Stem cell research is being done everywhere. What is not being done in the U.S. is creating private clinics, making Millions off of unproven treatment. (why do u think the clinic is in Costa-rica)

For ALS the stem cells are not the problem, it is what is attacking them. Replacing, growing stemcells does nothing to stop ALS .

Spend your money as you wish but consider the; time,energy,harm,fatigue this will place on us,(the ALS family member)

If you have a dollar or millions, visit an ALS research center near you and see what real reseach is being done.

ps

Since all here are using the internet, research who ran and what happened to the clinic in Mexico, where Coretta Scott King died. Not a nice story.

I would have to agree. A couple of years ago the clinic in China was all the rage. People were lining up to pay $30-$40,000 US to get stem cells injected into their brain through 3 holes drilled. Not one cure. Some people felt better for a few months but most did not notice any real change. If you want to go to DR or Costa Rica I'd spend the money taking all my family to an all inclusive resort partying till I drop and having the time of my life while I still could. Take lots of pictures and video and don't waste your money on quack treatments. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong. But it's worked for me. Good Luck. AL.

Just surfing for Medistem

For 2 hrs i've tried to find statements/papers on MediStem Laboratories Inc. Each of the listed persons on the board I can only find stmts created by Medistem. No research papers, no backrounds on drs listed (just 2 docs)>SGC Holding did somesort of agreement with them. All references just happen to be from the Phoenix area.

The founder,Neil H. Riordan, Ph.D,clinic Aidan Clinic in Tempe.
Sgc holding,Christos E. Loukas, is a bartenter from Scottsdale, Arizona.
Steven M. Rivers,CFO, is the founder of the Phoenix accounting and auditing firm.

Things just do not add up here. if u can find sources other than what Medistem has created or said i could be wrong. i can not find the costa rica college the one doc he says he came from either.

http://news.biocompare.com/newsstory.asp?id=102581

http://www.regenerationnet.com/node/4500

http://www.zoominfo.com/search/PersonDetail.aspx?PersonID=726464329

Dang i need to go outside....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tracy. We as patients need to know this information. I just spent an hour going over their site and am not convinced they can do anything other than relieve you of some hard earned cash. I hate to remove posts like this because we do have a" right to know" but I do have a problem with selling false hope which I think these guys are. No mention of how much it costs either. AL.

stem cell treatment

Hello everyone, I always feel so angry, sad and frustrated when I read about another stem cell clinic.
Over the passed 2 years I have read a great deal about people who have spent sooooo much on these treatments. I have not yet heard of one who has had any lasting results. Perhaps a few weeks or month of improvement. If I could find just one person who had documented lasting results from these people I would whole heartedly encourage anyone who can scrape up the funds to go for it! I would have drugged my wonderful sister to her little eye balls to get her on a plane for such treatment IF it did anygood!
I feel it is a terrible rip off of people facing a terrible disease. It should be "hanging" crime!
All that money would pay for many wonderful trips, gifts, etc and most of all memories that last longer than a few weeks or months.
Sorry to sound so down about this, but I hate dishonesty and I feel this is the height of it.
Jane

To all ,

Hi, I understand what you are all saying my insides are in termoil , the past few weeks thinking about this trip and hoping our hearts won't be completely broken. My daughter has done a lot of research. What can I say , I look at Jack and wonder how this happened. What a terrible disease. We all live it. Right now I can't find the words to express myself., but wanted all to know I know you care. Thank you. My Best to all, Beebe

Thank you all for the information. Maybe I am grasping at straws, but if a doctor told him to eat raw green beans for three months, it would be worth a try. I will definately do more resarch (including the China disaster) before giong forward with this. Bebee, please keep me updated on what happens. Part me me agrees with some of you that the money would be better spent taking him and his family on vacation to make good, lasting memories for his children, but part of me thinks "if there is even the SLIGHtEST chance what can it hurt?" He IS eventually going to die anyway. Money is only money, we are not a rich family, we are all just normal middle class, but between his side of the family and our side of the family woud could financialy pull it off. Again, maybe I am grasping at straws. I thouroughly encourage anyone else to voice an opinion about this or even an experience about it. I am only trying to gather as much information as I can and explore any and every option I hear about. Again, thank to all.

http://www.castlerockfirefighters.org/
Go to this web page and read about Jeff Dunn's passing. Follow the links to read about his trip to China. It is the most informative and honest one I have read. No punches pulled. He only lived 30 months with ALS I think it was. You need honesty not false hope.

Money is not the topic?

The real topic here is vampires preying on our fears. (please dont think i'm preaching or putting anyone down) IF you have lost the use of your....................fill in the blank.......can this person guarantee that is the cell that will be generated? Stem cells actually grow from your neck all the way to your........fill in the blank......Thus, what short tem benifit? And what tonic are they going to give to prevent the distruction going on.

oh, yea...eating right does help; more energy, digestion stuff, weight loss prevention. HERE is where a nutritionist can help, if u have the $ or connections.

AL thanks for the link to Jeff's site

It was a great help to read of all that Jeff and his family went through in his fight against ALS. I really appreciate the smile they spoke of so often. Seems he had a great attitude to the end.

For anyone considering the stem cell therapy, please read about the experience Jeff and his family went through. See link below on Al's post.
God Bless,
Big AL
:(

Deleted post

Sorry buddy but I went to their site and it appeared to me they are selling sea weed and have no evidence it would help anyone with ALS. Tell them to go down to UCLA Medical Center and cure 10 ALS patients and we'll be glad to advertise for them.

Thanks AL

I appreciate you and the staff keeping this junk off the forum. I get enough spam in my emails to drive me up the walls without getting it here also.
Good Work.
God Bless,
Big AL
:twisted: (Not me but them) There is that img thingie again?
</IMG>

My problem with this stem cell research is that it seems like only a temporary fix to me. It seems like common sense that whatever caused the problem to begin with will probably cause it again with the new stem cells. I wish it did work as much as the next person and I wish you the best of luck. I just feel bad when I see people spend such a big amount of money just to end up disappointed and possibly put themselves in danger in the process :( . Just my opinion.

Last edited:
Medistem and pubmed

I typed in "medistem" into pubmed and saw 3 research papers published...

TRACY22 said:
For 2 hrs i've tried to find statements/papers on MediStem Laboratories Inc. Each of the listed persons on the board I can only find stmts created by Medistem. No research papers, no backrounds on drs listed (just 2 docs)>SGC Holding did somesort of agreement with them. All references just happen to be from the Phoenix area.

The founder,Neil H. Riordan, Ph.D,clinic Aidan Clinic in Tempe.
Sgc holding,Christos E. Loukas, is a bartenter from Scottsdale, Arizona.
Steven M. Rivers,CFO, is the founder of the Phoenix accounting and auditing firm.

Things just do not add up here. if u can find sources other than what Medistem has created or said i could be wrong. i can not find the costa rica college the one doc he says he came from either.

http://news.biocompare.com/newsstory.asp?id=102581

http://www.regenerationnet.com/node/4500

http://www.zoominfo.com/search/PersonDetail.aspx?PersonID=726464329

Dang i need to go outside....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back