Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
TX
City
Spring
I sent this letter to the Peyton Manning Peyback Foundation today; if anyone knows anyone associated with the Colts would you please contact me.

Hello:

I am contacting you today regarding my Mother, Vera.

My family has been in Carmel, IN for 35 years although I currently live in Houston.

My mother has recently been diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and I am happy to provide any documentation from her doctors to facilitate this request.

ALS is terminal and fairly quick in progression. Mom is 74 years old and is already exhibiting symptoms of the disease leading us to believe that her progression is steady.

My mother has been an unwaivering fan of Peyton Manning for his entire Colts career. She focuses so much on the game that she does not want to talk or interact with people on Game day Sundays because she wants to be "in the zone" with Peyton.

We have brought her to Houston twice for Colts v. Texans games (2008 and 2009; photos attached) and she has been so excited that she cried each time from overwhelming joy. When Peyton came out on the field to practice my Mom was in awe every time. She has only been to one game in Indianapolis but is dedicated every Sunday---she won't even answer the phone during the game.

The reason for my email is that I would love to have the opportunity for my Mom to meet Peyton so he could autograph something for her and take a photograph. I recently purchased the David O'Keefe "The Field General" A Tribute to Peyton Manning and it would be amazing if he could sign that for her.

My Mom actually met Joseph Addai on the plane from Indy to Houston Easter 2009---she asked him to autograph a drink napkin---my brother and Mom talked about this the entire trip---it was a highlight of the trip for them.

My Mom has been a self-less woman raising four children alone after my Father and her divorced and he subsequently died. She has never asked anyone for anything and even with the news of her impending future; my Mom is worried about others.

I know that you receive zillions of requests and can not fulfill all of them but I would ask that you help our family fulfill one of my Mom's greatest wishes before she succombs to this terrible disease.

Thank you very much for the consideration,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back